State Farm Auto Claim Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.2

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Everything was done via internet and phone. Many people don't get past the online assessment. I recommend that when you're taking that, be in a quiet area so you can focus completely.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Greeley, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was tougher because they asked behavior based questions. Be prepared for those. Seemed like the interviewers were prepared. I dressed in a business suit to the interview and was on time. It was a 3 person panel interview. The interview lasted about an hour. They were nice and called me back in a week or so for a 1 on 1

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

The was a phone interview. Plain generic questions. Have I ever been reprimanded at my last employment. If two co-workers got into an argument, how would I respond.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an instance where two co-worker had a conflict. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tacoma, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I put in an application online. About two days later they sent me the link to take the personality and typing test. I took the test and I assumed that I passed because they sent me an email to schedule a 30 min phone interview. My interview was scheduled for 1pm. The recruiter called and the 1 question was so tell me about your self. 2 question why State Farm. 3. What can you bring to State Farm. Why are you leaving your current job. At the end of the interview I was offered the job after I took a drug test and did a background check. I am currently waiting on my final job offer. It's been a week since I took the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Completed the online application and passed the test. The phone interview was about 40 minutes and the HR person asked 6 questions, 2 intro and 4 situation based questions.

Describe a situation in which you were not given enough information to complete a project. How did you handle is and would you change anything.

The second interview was with the hiring managers. A panel of three. 6 questions as well. It was very quick about 20 minutes.

Everyone was friendly and will try to make you comfortable. I feel if you get this far honestly the only person who can mess it up is you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which the person you were relaying information to did not understand. what did you do to make sure that both of you were on the same page.   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Interview

Long Hiring process. Responded to job posting. 2ndays later skill tested. Called by recruiter a week later to set up face to face interview. 2 person panel interview. 1 month later received a call with job offer pending background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The initial application process is fairly simple on the State Farm HR site. After the closing date, I was asked to complete two online tests; one asked questions about my personality, and presented scenarios to show that I was reasonably intelligent and that I could understand business policies. The other tested typing and computer related skills. Next I was given a phone interview, then was asked to come for an in person interview at the operations center. There were around 5-10 people in a panel who asked questions. After I was offered the job I also had to take a drug test and I believe I had to have a background check.

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Interview

Talking about yourself, and will ask you couple simple question and some situation question. After that, you will rcv a phone call for face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Johns Creek, GA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very thorough. Altogether it took about 1 1/2 months from the date of application. I applied mid April. I was emailed an invitation to take two online assessments (one was a simulation the other a typing test). The following monday I received a call to set up a telephone interview. After the phone interview they scheduled me for a face-to-face panel interview. About a week I received a contingent offer letter, and background check authorization form. About a week after that I received an email of the confirmed job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had an irate customer who's issue you could not solve. How did you deal with it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not available.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

two group interviews and a skills test

Negotiation

no negotiation