State Farm Auto Claim Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Auto Claim Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2016

3.2

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Interview

Talking about yourself, and will ask you couple simple question and some situation question. After that, you will rcv a phone call for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

1) I was a summer intern during college and they immediately called me upon graduation advising of a job opening for a bi-lingual claim representative.
    2) I went in to take a pre-employment test.
    3) I got called back for an interview w/ 2 managers.
    4) The same day I left the interview I got called back w/ a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challange you have faced thus far in life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Johns Creek, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially a phone interview of about 20 minutes with standard questions. Tell me about a time when..., that was followed with an online assessment, and then an in person interview. This was surprisingly very quick, I think maybe 15 minutes. They called a few days later with an offer. The whole process took maybe 3 weeks.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

You would need a college degree and pass a test in order to get an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation on salaray

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

The entire process took nearly three months. If you are selected from the applicant pool, you'll first have to take a test on policies. You are given several scenarios and then a series of questions about each. After that, you'll listen to several simulated sales calls and this will utilize your data entry skills. It was absurdly easy and I had all the data entry completed before the "customer" even finished speaking. I next did the typing speed test and scored around 95 wpm. I was only worried about the first portion of the test. I received an email to set up my phone interview next.

I was a little surprised that the phone interview was behavioral based. I hadn't had to look for a job in the last 10 years and I thought I did well answering until the HR rep told me that I talk a lot. And with this sort of job they need someone to think quickly and be concise as this will be a phone-oriented job. She also, nicely, suggested I practice the STAR style interview before the face-to-face interview. I received an email from her 3 days later saying that they are constantly reviewing their hiring process, etc, etc. Then, out of the blue in mid-December, I got a call for a face-to-face interview.

During the face-to-face, you'll have two or so managers asking you behavioral-style questions. They are reading from several sheets and the other is taking notes. The questions are poorly-worded and the interviewers even comment on that. I straight-up told them that they should make sure they fix those since not doing so is unfair to any applicant and it's unprofessional.

The job itself is in a call center and you'll be dealing with frightened/angry customers who will swear at you. Lots of stress, apparently and very sedentary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to tell someone something they didn't want to hear and how you did it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume online at statefarm.com. Was contacted about 1 week later to have a phone interview in 1 week. Then offered a group interview the week after the phone interview. Got a decision from them 2 weeks after the group interview.

Interview Questions

• One question was a claimant was supposed to pick up his car from the repair shop on Friday but said he was in a meeting. Called on Monday to ask us to pay for the 3 additional days rental fee. The claimant emphasized that it was my client's fault.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Duluth, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted via email to take tests. Passed the tests, and received an email within 24 hours after taking tests to set up a initial phone interview. Answered some behavioral based questions (when is a time you had a difficult situation?, etc). Within 2 weeks I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview, where I met with 3 hr representatives. Within 1 week, I was sent an email for a contingency job offer, pending background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had promised a customer results but could not deliver those results? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

two group interviews and a skills test

Negotiation

no negotiation

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online, then I got an email for a personality test online. After that, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview. All questions are standard behaviour questions with specific situations.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Questions about company, about your previous employment, why you want to work with State Farm, how you heard about the company, situational questions, how would you react in certain scenarios

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a problem an how did you solve this problem,   Answer Question