State Farm Interview Questions in Bloomington, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Phone and in person with multiple people. You speak with many different people. Ultimately it felt like the role they were hiring for was evolving from the original posting, which was frustrating.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round was Telephonic - Basic Info + situation based questions + HR + work experience
    2nd round - In person - Basic Info + Behavioural questions + situation based scenario + Technical

Tell me about a situation where you have to learn new technology
    Tell me about a situation where you have stressful situation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you have to learn new technology
      Tell me about a situation where you have stressful situation
      Tell me about a situation and action you will take if your customer is Demanding   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral questions to get a better idea of what kind of person you are and what your goals are for the future. There were questions about what I did in school and why I wanted to pursue a career at State Farm. The interviewers just wanted to get an idea of what type of employee I would be.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process went as follows: was contacted initially by a recruiter on LinkedIn, we talked for 30 minutes about the facility and the locations (Bloomington, IL and Dunwoody, GA). Then she told me I would be contacted for an HR interview with more "in-depth/technical" questions.

The HR interview was scheduled that Friday, she was 15 minutes late to the phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. All she asked me were anecdotal questions such as "how do you explain a complex topic?" or "tell me about your life". Nothing actually technical or in-depth was asked, leading me to believe they were looking for a student/fresh graduate who would work for peanuts. When asked about salary, all I said was "fair market plus cost of living for Dunwoody" - there was no response to that.

I was then told I would be contacted again if there was interest moving forward (I'm guessing the next interview would actually have UX questions?). The HR recruiter said I would hear back next Tuesday at the latest. I didn't get an email until the next day, Wednesday morning, which was so vague, I'm not certain if it's a rejection or a glorified "thank you note". Here's the email text:

Subject: Notification regarding your application for User Experience Researcher

Body: Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with State Farm and for giving us the opportunity to consider you for the job opening listed below. We appreciate the time you have spent on our behalf.

I'm guessing this was a rejection, but it's so vague, I have no idea who would write a rejection letter as such.

I included a portfolio, with links to research projects, but according to Google Analytics, no one at State Farm looked at them. As such, I really have NO IDEA how they actually pursue qualified candidates, and am left with my original conclusion that they are looking for a fresh graduate, who's simply cheap and impressionable. Based on the whole experience, I cannot really form any other conclusion.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain any complex topic?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your life   1 Answer

Investment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received an e-mail 2 days later asking for my unofficial transcript. About 5 days later I received a call to set up a phone interview. About 4 days after the phone interview I was invited to come out to their HQ in Bloomington, IL for an in-person interview. The interview itself was really laid back, I met with 5-6 different people in their company and had a short 20 min. conversation with each one. Mostly just asking about my previous internships/school experience. About three weeks after the in-person interview I received an e-mail letting me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite/least favorite class?
      How do you go about valuing a company?
      Why do you want to work for StateFarm?
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to take an online assessment test. It took about 90 min total. After successfully passing the assessments, I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 3 days later. Interviewer was super friendly and asked general questions about myself, work experience & why I wanted to work for SF.

Underwriting Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job back in June, did some typing test in July and interviewed in August. It has only been 2 days since my interview so i have to choose no offer below, although i feel confident the interview went well and i will receive an offer. There were 8 of us at the interview and were all taken into a room with an HR rep and 2 current USA employees to review the job. then they did individual interviews with 2 managers. Spent about 1 hour total there. They said it would take 5-10 business days to hear back

Interview Questions

• describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer   4 Answers

Underwriting Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and a week later was contacted for a pre employment test. Successfully completed it and a week
    Later was sent an email with a interview time and date. Had the interview with two people which lasted about 45 minutes and I thought it went well. Was asked general questioned about my experience and why I liked the position. I felt like it went well but a week later-on a Saturday morning at 6 am- I was sent a generic, canned rejection letter email.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about underwriting?   1 Answer

Operation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online.. Second I took the test.. Third I had a phone interview.. Still haven't heard back the interview was really easy going. The interviewer was very friendly and polite went pretty smooth..

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic interview questions. Tell about a time when you and a co worker disagreed. How did you resolve the issue..   Answer Question

Imaging Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I am at the end of the process, which has taken approximately two months now. The process has not been negative. There has been the normal waiting period post interview, but the HR recruiters and assistants have been wonderful to work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team you were a part of and why the team was successful as a group.   Answer Question