State Farm Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview which touched on your skills, current employer, etc. Then a panel interview with touched on more technical questions. I met with two managers and another who asked a series of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you encountered at work and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial contact is made by a recruiter in the HR department. Multiple interview times are available but not much flexibility with the times. Long interview format with multiple managers. Questions are typical scenario type based on the tasks required for the position.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted after speaking with recruiters at a college career fair. I was offered the first interview, which was with three representatives. They each went through asking different questions. Lasted about 45 minutes. I was contacted about a second interview. The second interview was about a week and a half after the first. Both interviews asked basically the same questions. Basic situational questions in the interview. They're really interested in personal experiences. The second interview was a little more technical oriented, but they were very quick to explain that lack of technical knowledge doesn't matter much. A job was offered a few days after the second interview. Offer was good, but ended up declining because of a little bit better offer elsewhere. Very great overall vibe throughout the entire interviewing process though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Several State farm employees visited my software engineering class. They promised great work-life balance and the like. Had a phone interview that essentially just went over my resume and asked a few basic questions. What is a method in java. Then the second interview which they asked countless behavioral questions in rapid fire. Name a time where you had to solve a difficult problem, and explain how you approached that problem. Name a time you had to explain a difficult concept to someone how did you do it. They essentially ask the same analytical based question 4-5x to see if you have multiple stories. I was tired, and was not prepared for this barage. They asked where do you see yourself in 2 years. I personally disliked the attitude of the people interviewing me, they seemed really cold. Best of luck if you want to work for state farm

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years? explain how you approach an analytical problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with two people, the direct supervisor and one other supervisor. They were very personable and put me at ease. We had a "conversation" more so than an interview (although they were obviously using the STAR method), which was much more relaxing and less stressful. I felt this helped me to put my best foot forward, rather than being nervous and stumbling over my answers.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and conversational. Many of the questions were simply behavioral, and looking more so for how you respond in certain situations. After this interview occurred, they contacted me within a week to schedule a more technical interview and after that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not get along with an employee, and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to explain a process to someone and how you checked if they retained the information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Athens, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was during a campus career fair. The head of the department gave me the opportunity to interview the next day. The interview was quite ordinary. But they won't be able to sponsor the H-1B visa for international students.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

My first interview was on the phone with 3 interviewers switching between questions. Mostly behavioral questions about situations I have been in in the past. Not bad at all just be prepared with exact situations. They prefer exact situations. If anytime they ask you to rate yourself on something don't undercut yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't complete a goal, how did you go about changing this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

applied online a recruiter got back to me after a month to schedule a phone interview. Had the phone interview a week later.After 2 weeks face to face interview with 2 hiring managers. .They got back to me with an offer after 2 weeks. Contrary to what I always read I was not referred so I want to give hope to others who know no one in a company. Good things can happen. State Farm is a great company accepting offer. .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?
      How you handled a challenge?
      Behavioural interview questions STAR.
      The interview was difficult as they were specific, they want detailed information of what you did.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Sell yourself make an impression, be confident Answer the question but also apply your knowledge about the role. We talked beyond the interview about so many concepts, methodologies etc..Just know your stuff..Pray and believe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was suppose to have a first round phone interview at the stated time and my interviewer never showed up and than i get the stupid message saying i didn't when that was simply not true. I will see if a person responds or not.

Interview Questions

• nothing since my interviewer didn't show up, just asked to put in conference ID.   2 Answers