State Farm Claim Associate Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.4

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Dunwoody, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied almost 2 and half months ago for the Claims Express IRL, 2 months later i was contacted to by email to fill out a disclosure form. I was advised that my application had been changed to the Claims Express Associate instead of IRL. No biggie as i want to get IN anyway i can. A week later i was contacted for a phone interview. I interviewed with a very nice lady that i established a rapport with... Be very polite. Say 'yes Ma'am and 'sir' even if you are not used to it, practice. Avoid non work related small talk. Talk about you work experience and avoid bad talking your current or previous job. Usually you can get a feel of how the interview went. The lady said i was one of the most competitive candidates she had talked to.
Even if they speak with a heavy accent please please be very respective and say ma'am and 'Sir' .
Next i was scheduled for an onsite interview. They take all the candidates to a room. All the managers sit at the back and watch you as you come in. So please make sure you dress very professionally. First impressions are every thing. Pretend to be writing notes and pay attention to the presenter. The managers are watching. Next they take you on a one-one interview with your hiring manager. My interviewer tried to make me comfortable but it almost unavoidable. I was quite nervous. We talked about my previous work experience and did a short role play. He was calling from an accident scene. Be very empathetic. Before you ask for their account information, ask if everyone is ok, if they have contacted the ambulance and in a safe place. Then ask for their account information. Again use 'please' and 'thank you'...Very important.
After the onsite interview, it took 5 days to hear back that i had been selected for the position contigent on background check. I got the back ground check information and went for my drug test. This is where i have had to learn real patience. 2and half nerve wracking weeks!!!. Iam not a very patient person by nature so i was check my email 3 to 4 times a day. Finally, they news came TODAY!!!!Hired yey!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were held accountable?   1 Answer
  • how did you prepare for the interview?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied 06/08/17. Received testing consent forms 06/21/17. Received email to choose dates for phone interview on 07/07/17. Phone interview on 07/11/17. Basic situational questions, use the STAR method. Also read up on company and be able to say what you know about the company and why you want to work for State Farm. I suggest looking at their website. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter informed me that I did very well and invited me in for a face to face interview. Face to face on 07/13/17. They had about 16 of us in a room where they went over the position and their company culture. Then they called us out to have one on one interviews with department managers. Again they ask situational questions and then have you role play as if you are a a State Farm agent. Be sure to show empathy and ask if everyone is ok and if they are in a safe place. My face to face was more like a conversation with a friend. They really put you at ease so don't stress! The email stated the interview would be from 2-4, but I was in and out in 45 minutes. Got my job offer via email the next day 07/14/17.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The Hiring interview process is not too bad, you get a phone interview and get hired if they like you on that call. So departments require in person interviews. They ask basic interview questions. If you interview in person you will more in likely interview with 2 managers from the department that you will work in.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website and was sent a non-disclosure email a few days later. After signing that, i was sent a pre-employment assessment test. (call simulation/typing test) it was pretty easy. I completed that on a Saturday and by Monday received an email saying I had competitive results. They emailed me again to set up a phone interview time and I was contacted at my exact interview time. It probably lasted about 45 minutes total. Pretty easy, STAR format. Just have examples of situations dealing with reliability, accountability, various themes. I got an offer at the end of the call. Confirmed start date and sent info for background and drug test. As soon as everything clears its official.

Interview Questions

• she asked a bunch of star questions, I was getting anxious towards the end... name a time you had to quickly adapt to new process   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Tacoma, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was identified as a competitive candidate within a week of applying and had a phone interview the following week. Questions were simple and no mock phone call. Was advanced to next stage (online test) which was also simple.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you weren't able to resolve a customer's issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their careers portal. The application process is fairly simple and standard. From there I received an email saying that I was selected to take a pre-employment screening which was a call simulator as well as some questions to see if you can read and follow directions. After I got an email asking which times were best for me to conduct a phone interview. The questions were to find out your work background and then there were some behavioral based questions. I interviewed on a Monday and the received a contingency offer by phone and email on Friday. The whole process took about two weeks. Definitely prepare for your interview, have some ideas in your head of specific situations. Answer in STAR format. Also don't get discouraged this was my second time interviewing with State Farm, my first interview I thought I did really well and received no offer. Just keep applying.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I knew because of the number of employees they were seeking to employ, the process had to be streamlined. The phone interview was lengthy (STAR format) and the "long time" was due in part to the background checks (credit, employment, criminal).

I interviewed early May and received a final offer the mid part of the month. It's State Farm, so although the opportunity seems entry level, it's an entry into State Farm.

Interview Questions

• Mock phone call, no coaching or tips offered. I gathered the recruiter wanted to assess my professionalism, tone, and basic customer service skills (opening , empathy, etc)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. THe salary, schedule, and responsibilities are already in place, no deviating.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Very simple process I applied online and a few days later I received an email stating I was selected for a phone interview and that I needed to take a test (super easy) phone interview went great the recruiter was awesome! and easy to talk to. A few days later I received the phone call stating I got the position. Look forward to working with this company!

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in May 2017.

Interview

You will go over your job history and the roles you played. All questions asked are situational based on how you handled them? Examples are "tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?" Answer all questions in S.T.A.R format. The interview is over the phone for about 30-45 mins. At the very end you will role play a customer calling in who just got into an accident. During the role play make sure to ask them if they are ok and a safe place.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for State Farm? and How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2017.

Interview

They briefly ask you to describe your work history. Go over position details. Then ask situational based questions fir you to answer in STAR method form. You may have to do a mock interview following the situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SF? What's your work ethic? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question