State Farm Claim Associate Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Claim Associate Express Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online 12/2016. I was contacted 1/2017 via email to take assessments, which took about 45 mins to complete. I was contacted again approx 2 weeks later, still 1/2017 to set up a phone interview time. State Farm allowed me to select dates and times I would be available. I was then contacted end of 1/2017 with confirmation of the phone interview being set. My phone interview was 2/2017 and I was given a contingent offer of employment at the end of the phone interview. I will receive an email in the next few weeks to submit information for my background check and to go in for drug screening. My start date is 3/2017.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview? Why do you want to work for State Farm? He/She will ask for examples of certain situations that may have occurred with previous employers. If you can not think of a particular situation you experienced directly related to the question, tell what you would do if you are ever faced with that particular situation. Be very detailed, so your response can be long...you want to tell what happened from beginning to end, basically. The interview will last approx 45 mins-60mins.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple and easy and fast interveiw process fill out application the well email in a couple days letting you know if you were selected to move to the next step if so you will be sent a link with two assessments including typing test if you pass you will be asked to set up phone interview basic questions plus role play they will let you know if you got position at the end of the call

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got the email for an assessment a week later. It's a typing test and call center simulation. The next day I got an email saying I had competitive results. The following week, I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. I had my interview on a Friday. The interview was pretty simple; she told me about the job, asked me 2 or 3 "name a time" questions and then asked if I had any questions for her. The following Monday I got the contingent job offer (background/drug test). If you have any experience in a call center you're basically in there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given criticism by a superior. What was the criticism and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • How well do you deal with a very structured environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I went to the State Farm Career Fair. The interview was fairly easy. Basic interview questions, just be sure you are answering the questions with actual experience and not saying maybe I would have done this.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was STAR based questions. I answered the questions to the best of my ability and still didn't get hired. I did an awesome job after 2 years of experience. Come to find out they hired 100 other ppl with no experience and had never worked for State Farm at all!

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via State Farm website. Shortly after (11/17) got email requesting that I fill out and return a disclosure form. On 11/21, I was invited via email to take pre-employment assessments. Took those (typing test and call center simulation) and the next day 11/22 was notified I earned a competitive result and was told I would be contacted if chosen for an interview. Received email to schedule a phone interview on 11/28 and my interview was on 12/01. Lasted 40 minutes. Was my first time doing this type of interview and I was very nervous. Prepare for STAR type customer service questions and brief role play. Interviewer was extremely pleasant and tried to put me at ease but my nerves did get the best of me on a couple of questions. Did not feel very confident after interview but was told I'd be notified via call or email within a few days. She called me only several hours later with a job offer contingent on background and drug test. Now I am waiting for those follow up emails to begin that process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself (focus on most recent jobs, what you did there, why you left)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer (be specific)   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary but that is made clear in the job description.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, I only went through their phone interview process because it never went any further. The woman who called was EXTREMELY blunt, impatient and very robotic. She made the conversation not only unpleasant, but made me have a very negative outlook on my potential future there. For an interview that was supposed to last 30-45 minutes, it only lasted 15 minutes and I got an email almost immediately saying I was not selected. I have years of insurance experience and I was even referred by an employee. She not only wasted my time, but made me feel like she didn't want to do it anyways. Highly recommend State Farm takes a look into their hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenging situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richards, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Richards, TX).

Interview

I filled out and app on line through the company three days later I was sent the disclosure and after that sent the test. A week later was sent an email sayin to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter call at the exact time. The interview lasted 45 min she was great. At the end of the interview was offered the job on a contingent basis based on my background check and drug test.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an online application submission, personality/skills test, phone interview and then job offer, contingent upon passing of background check and drug test. No face to face was ever needed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a difficult task and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

In my opinion because it had been a while since I've had an interview I felt as though on my part the interview could have been better. I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was for it which may have caused me to not get a job offer since I am to understand that if you're considered they offer you a job at the end of the interview over the phone... well I wasn't offered a position at the end of mine I was told that I would get a call or an email letting me know if I was considered which that actually means I didn't get the position. I see where others are stating that the interview questions are not difficult but in my opinion they were a tad bit difficult and repetitive and I was asked questions that I had no relation to the experience. You know I've applied several times with this company and this was actually my first time getting an interview and yet I still feel as though I walked away from this experience feeling like I failed yet again. This experience is so very discouraging to me because it's been 3 long yrs since my last job and I just can't seem to get back into the groove of things.