State Farm Claim Associate ILR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Claim Associate ILR Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dunwoody, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of January. The next day I took an online assessment which tested my typing skills and also simulated a call center situation. Soon thereafter I was selected for a phone interview (01.12.2016) which I was very nervous about but the questions here on Glassdoor really helped. Just make sure you review the questions, know what to answer and sound confident. Make sure to also review the position you are applying for as they might ask you about it and answer questions with detail!! My interview only lasted a total of 12 minutes! I was surprised because everyone else said theirs lasted so much longer. The day after my interview I got a call with a contingent job offer pending on my drug test which I had today (01.18.2016). Also waiting on my Spanish proficiency test which I will be taking this week. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about State Farm?   Answer Question
  • What do you remember about the job description you are applying for / What is the job requirement?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to work with multiple forms of technology simultaneously.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

They say it will take up to 40 min. for phone interview, took about 20 min. Typical interview questions. State Farm trains you for the positions, they want to make sure you are 110% available/free for the mandatory training.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for State Farm, more specifically this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time you handled a difficult situation and how did you resolve it (in your current position or in general)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process had common questions regarding past experiences with former employees or employer. how would you handle different scenarios. I also participated in role play of a claims call. Interviewer was customer and I was the agent. fairly easy interview for those that tend to be nervous like myself. I was offered a full time position instead of the part time originally called for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to participated in role play of a claims call. Interviewer was customer and I was the agent   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in November, the following day I was told that I had been selected to take the next step which was completing a disclosure to take an assessment. Exactly a week later I received the assessment which was a a typing test and an assessment where u were in a fake call center. The following day I got an email that I passed and that I will progress to the next step which was the interview. Another week later, I got an email to schedule an interview that was 2 days away. Interview was laid back and the interviewer was extremely nice, it was basically a discussion. Use STAR to answer behavioral questions. I got a contingent offer at the end of the interview.

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in December 2016.

Interview

It was a lot of questions I was very nervous but reading the interview questions on here helped I had my answers written down I suggest you make a cheat sheet as well my interviewer was nice but it was intense

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked about why us time important to me a lot of tell me about a time when questions and did a role plaY   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied. Received an email giving me a link to a pre employment test. Once completed I was contact days later of passing and next step was to set up a phone interview.

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

After applying online, you'll receive an applicant disclosure form to fill out and send back via email. You are then sent a link for an online skills assessment. After you complete and pass that assessment, they send you an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty basic. 30 minutes. Answers are expected to be in STAR format...Second interview was in person and lasted about 15 minutes-- same questions asked both times.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were unable to meet a deadline. What happened?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about state farm? How did you study for this interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in September and heard from them in November. The HR were super nice and helpful. There was one phone interview which last for about half an hour. Questions were easy. Just explained my working experience and gave some examples related to customer services. 2 weeks later, I was asked to do the drug screening and background check. They also scheduled an OPI in their office since I was applying for bilingual position.

Interview Questions

• what is you work ethic?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me a time when you help others?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

I didnt have an interview for this position. More like a recruiter called and asked if I was looking for a job.. But I was told that you are given a phone screen, then invited in for an interview. Testing then drug testing.

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through company website, within 3 days I got and email for about the next step to complete for the assessment. The assessment was a brief typing, call center simulation and behavior questions. Once that was completed the next day I got another email saying I had made good scores and a phone interview was the next step. The phone interview was quick and not at all as intimidating as a face to face interview. I was offered the position at the end of the call. I recommend ready others interview experience and questions asked, it was almost exact.

Interview Questions

• What is your work ethic?
      Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
      name a time you had to use different technology on one call.
      1 Answer