State Farm Claim Processor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Claim Processor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Frederick, MD).

Interview

I started by applying online, completing an online assessment, and had two different face to face interviews. After a 3 month process, I was finally offered a position as a Claims Processor, now referred to as Express claims associate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Hired at a large hiring pool event. Personal interview followed by group interview. After that was called in a week later to interview with hiring manager. Then a week or so later was called with the offer.

Claim Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

it was friendly, easy. Nothing unexpected. You should do a mock interview prior since there might be a panel interviewing you. Otherwise, just be yourself and confident. They make the decision very quick.

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call after approximately 1 month. This was an initial phone screening to verify my Resume. I then received a second phone call which was scheduled 1 week later. This was a basic behavioral interview which asked questions about how you handled customers in the past. While others I know had a face to face interview after this but for whatever reason the phone interview I had was sufficient for them to make an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond your normal duties for a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for entry level jobs

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Interview

I had one phone interview and received a job offer the next day. The phone interview consisted of about 7 questions and only took about 15-20 minutes. Each question gave a scenario and asked how you would provide great customer service.

Interview Questions

• Typical how would you respond, what would you do type of questions.   Answer Question

Claim Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in September 2013.

Interview

Two to three interviewers for an external candidate interview to start as entry level claim processor out of college. I had been referred by a friend who knew the interviewers as well. So the whole setting for me was very comfortable. Also I got to interview after lunch time so everyone was really happy. They had about a dozen competency based questions from what is a pretty standard interview question bank.

Interview Questions

• If someone needed to tow their car to a body shop that was 100 miles away, further than several closer body shops, what would you say?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Johns Creek, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted to take a typing test and a simulated call test. Got a call to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of "tell me about yourself", "why do you want to work for State Farm", "Tell me of a time when you had to learn a new skill".

Interview Questions

• All STAR questions... Situation, Task, Action taken, Result. "Tell me of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer"- make sure you tell how you turned it around and made it a good experience. "What do you consider good customer service", "Tell of a time you had to handle multiple tasks". Their goal was to make the customer feel taken care of and thankful for our services. Claims represents about 50% of the business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

The whole process was simple. I applied online and was sent and online assessment where i had to type answers to pretend customers calling in, putting their credit card information in and their pretend orders (prerecorded voices). There were also a typing testing section and a reading comprehension section. It was very easy but the time is limited so you have to move fast!. After that a day or 2 day later a lady calls to schedule a time for an interview. On the day of the interview the questions were very simple. Phone interview with basic questions and was hired over the phone. No difficult questions at all! Following successful completion of the phone interview a drug test(urine) and background check will be conducted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very simple. Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer .. How did you did you handle it ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The starting salary is usually between 25,000-28,000 without a degree. Non negotiable.

Claim Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Found a posting on indeed.com. Applied Jan. 23th and received an e-mail a few days later instructing me to take two pre-employment tests. The first test had to do with reading graphs with detailed information as well as some questions about your personality and work ethic. The second test was data entry and typing. The next day I recieved an e-mail that I had passed the test and a phone interview was to be scheduled. During the phone interview a recruiter explained more about the position and asked me a few questions like 'Name a specific time when you had to deal with change in your office' and 'Name a specific time you had to explain complex directions to someone'. Not even an hour after the phone interview was complete I received a call with a contingent job offer depending upon a background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• 'Explain a specific time when you had recieved either good or bad feedback in your office and how did you respond'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tulsa, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by a panel interview with three people. Simple questions of how you can contribute to their team, and how to resolve disputes with in the work place.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate as soon as you are hired?   Answer Question

Weren't flexible with salary