State Farm Claims Associate Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Claims Associate Express Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.4

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The Hiring interview process is not too bad, you get a phone interview and get hired if they like you on that call. So departments require in person interviews. They ask basic interview questions. If you interview in person you will more in likely interview with 2 managers from the department that you will work in.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Very simple process I applied online and a few days later I received an email stating I was selected for a phone interview and that I needed to take a test (super easy) phone interview went great the recruiter was awesome! and easy to talk to. A few days later I received the phone call stating I got the position. Look forward to working with this company!

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in May 2017.

Interview

You will go over your job history and the roles you played. All questions asked are situational based on how you handled them? Examples are "tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?" Answer all questions in S.T.A.R format. The interview is over the phone for about 30-45 mins. At the very end you will role play a customer calling in who just got into an accident. During the role play make sure to ask them if they are ok and a safe place.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for State Farm? and How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I knew because of the number of employees they were seeking to employ, the process had to be streamlined. The phone interview was lengthy (STAR format) and the "long time" was due in part to the background checks (credit, employment, criminal).

I interviewed early May and received a final offer the mid part of the month. It's State Farm, so although the opportunity seems entry level, it's an entry into State Farm.

Interview Questions

• Mock phone call, no coaching or tips offered. I gathered the recruiter wanted to assess my professionalism, tone, and basic customer service skills (opening , empathy, etc)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. THe salary, schedule, and responsibilities are already in place, no deviating.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their careers portal. The application process is fairly simple and standard. From there I received an email saying that I was selected to take a pre-employment screening which was a call simulator as well as some questions to see if you can read and follow directions. After I got an email asking which times were best for me to conduct a phone interview. The questions were to find out your work background and then there were some behavioral based questions. I interviewed on a Monday and the received a contingency offer by phone and email on Friday. The whole process took about two weeks. Definitely prepare for your interview, have some ideas in your head of specific situations. Answer in STAR format. Also don't get discouraged this was my second time interviewing with State Farm, my first interview I thought I did really well and received no offer. Just keep applying.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2017.

Interview

They briefly ask you to describe your work history. Go over position details. Then ask situational based questions fir you to answer in STAR method form. You may have to do a mock interview following the situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SF? What's your work ethic? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online 12/2016. I was contacted 1/2017 via email to take assessments, which took about 45 mins to complete. I was contacted again approx 2 weeks later, still 1/2017 to set up a phone interview time. State Farm allowed me to select dates and times I would be available. I was then contacted end of 1/2017 with confirmation of the phone interview being set. My phone interview was 2/2017 and I was given a contingent offer of employment at the end of the phone interview. I will receive an email in the next few weeks to submit information for my background check and to go in for drug screening. My start date is 3/2017.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview? Why do you want to work for State Farm? He/She will ask for examples of certain situations that may have occurred with previous employers. If you can not think of a particular situation you experienced directly related to the question, tell what you would do if you are ever faced with that particular situation. Be very detailed, so your response can be long...you want to tell what happened from beginning to end, basically. The interview will last approx 45 mins-60mins.   Answer Question

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple and easy and fast interveiw process fill out application the well email in a couple days letting you know if you were selected to move to the next step if so you will be sent a link with two assessments including typing test if you pass you will be asked to set up phone interview basic questions plus role play they will let you know if you got position at the end of the call

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got the email for an assessment a week later. It's a typing test and call center simulation. The next day I got an email saying I had competitive results. The following week, I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. I had my interview on a Friday. The interview was pretty simple; she told me about the job, asked me 2 or 3 "name a time" questions and then asked if I had any questions for her. The following Monday I got the contingent job offer (background/drug test). If you have any experience in a call center you're basically in there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given criticism by a superior. What was the criticism and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • How well do you deal with a very structured environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

- Applied online, got an answer a couple of days later and I had to sign a Applicant disclosure
    - Completed some pre-employment assesments; (several customer service simulations)
    - got an email to submit possible days and times for a phone interview
    - phone interview happend as scheduled, lasted about 40 miuntes
    - interview felt very impersonal, the person who did interview asked every single question like a robot, no reaction to what I said and no real conversation at all

- since this was my first job interview in the US, I wouldn't say it was negative experience, but definitely an unusual and "weird" one for me

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for State Farm?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when had to interact with a difficult customer!   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone at work!   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed. How did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do several things at the same time!   Answer Question