State Farm Claims Associate ILR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.4

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position on May 17. Received Disclosure on May 31. Received the Assessment on June 7. I was informed that I passed the assessment and received an invite to Interview on June 9. Had Interview on June 13 and was offered the position pending background and drug test. The interview was great. I suggest being confident, researching the company, and studying responses to questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dunwoody, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of January. The next day I took an online assessment which tested my typing skills and also simulated a call center situation. Soon thereafter I was selected for a phone interview (01.12.2016) which I was very nervous about but the questions here on Glassdoor really helped. Just make sure you review the questions, know what to answer and sound confident. Make sure to also review the position you are applying for as they might ask you about it and answer questions with detail!! My interview only lasted a total of 12 minutes! I was surprised because everyone else said theirs lasted so much longer. The day after my interview I got a call with a contingent job offer pending on my drug test which I had today (01.18.2016). Also waiting on my Spanish proficiency test which I will be taking this week. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about State Farm?   Answer Question
    • What do you remember about the job description you are applying for / What is the job requirement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with multiple forms of technology simultaneously.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the job on 2/10/17. Recieved the the pre-employment document on 2/24. Completed the assessment on 2/27. They emailed me about scheduling interview on 3/10 and intervied on 3/15.
    The interview was a 35 min phone interveiw that is faily easy.
    Here are some of the questions I remember. They asked so many though I can't remember them all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 2/7/17. Got my assessment email on 2/20 and completed it on 2/21. Got an email about the phone/Skype interview for 3/13 on 3/7. I was initially told it was for the class that started on 3/20, but it was cutting it so close that when it was time to interview, the interviewer told me it would be for the 5/1 class, which was fine with me. However, I felt like the interviewer wasn't into it and it all seemed so sloppy. First of all, she kept telling me this job may have me working nights or weekends and I told her that was fine and that I understand that when I applied. We also discussed how I've worked at a State Farm agent's office before and she kept saying it wasn't the same working in claims, which I also told her I understood and was aware of. She kept emphasizing these things like she was trying to talk me out of the job. She barely discussed the videos I was told to watch and we didn't even do a role play scenario. We also didn't discuss other opportunities with the company. Despite a negative experience, I would apply with State Farm again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received criticism and how did you respond to it? (Something like that)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

They say it will take up to 40 min. for phone interview, took about 20 min. Typical interview questions. State Farm trains you for the positions, they want to make sure you are 110% available/free for the mandatory training.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for State Farm, more specifically this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time you handled a difficult situation and how did you resolve it (in your current position or in general)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

This interview process was quick. Did the application, a week later did the online assessment, and a few days later the phone interview. The process was quick and easy. The interviewer was really nice, and we did a role play scenario where I was the claims agent, and he was the customer. Just remember to express empathy during the call.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

applied online....took online assessment....phone interview....drug test and background check, and then offered the position. It was very streamlined and the whole process only took about 4 weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had a conflict with another employee and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process had common questions regarding past experiences with former employees or employer. how would you handle different scenarios. I also participated in role play of a claims call. Interviewer was customer and I was the agent. fairly easy interview for those that tend to be nervous like myself. I was offered a full time position instead of the part time originally called for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to participated in role play of a claims call. Interviewer was customer and I was the agent   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in November, the following day I was told that I had been selected to take the next step which was completing a disclosure to take an assessment. Exactly a week later I received the assessment which was a a typing test and an assessment where u were in a fake call center. The following day I got an email that I passed and that I will progress to the next step which was the interview. Another week later, I got an email to schedule an interview that was 2 days away. Interview was laid back and the interviewer was extremely nice, it was basically a discussion. Use STAR to answer behavioral questions. I got a contingent offer at the end of the interview.

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in December 2016.

Interview

It was a lot of questions I was very nervous but reading the interview questions on here helped I had my answers written down I suggest you make a cheat sheet as well my interviewer was nice but it was intense

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked about why us time important to me a lot of tell me about a time when questions and did a role plaY   Answer Question