State Farm Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Jenkintown, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was intense. First I was contacted by phone and had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then I was invited to come into the branch and meet the team. So a few day later I went in and I was interviewed for about an hour and asked a lot of questions about why I chose State Farm and if I was familiar with their products and services. Afterwards I was invited to another interview later that week. When I came in, I was asked to give a 5 minute presentation about what I learned about the position and what I learned from the State Farm website. Afterwards I was given a sheet of about 30 names and contact numbers and I did some calling for warm leads so that they could get a feel for how I would be on the phone. That process took about another 30 minutes and at the end, I was asked to provide six references that would all be contacted by the end of the day. Three days later, I got a call offering me a position. I was told I would only be offered a starting salary of $9/hr and after I obtained my first license it would jump to $11.50/hr plus commission , and after I get my third license I would get $15/hr plus commision. I declined the offer because I am currently making more than that and I felt that after how intense the interview process was , I would be offered more than that. I told my interviewer that I needed to be making at least $13/hr before he offered me $9/hr , and when I declined the job letting him know the salary was the issue, he did not offer to raise it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

It was all over the phone, which made sense, as the job was 100% on the phone. They had 3-4 people on the call. Just be yourself and be honest.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical questions about how you deal with angry customers, your customer service philosophy, and how you work as a team. Nothing crazy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

During the phone interview, I was asked why I had so many jobs and why I moved so often. After seemingly overcoming those objections, the interviewer kept coming back to that. A day later, I received my rejection email.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

very simple they look for people that fit their organizational culture. having a P&C license helps if you are looking for a long term goals at state farm. the process is interview with the office manager and if he thinks you will fit then the next interview will be with the agent in charge of the office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Rocky River, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Gave experience with prior agent and listed strengths on the job. Very smootb conversation with the agent. Having 13 years experience with the company, it was easy to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What are your best qualities when talking to a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, the recruiter was straight forward and the process was easy. I started the process in November 2016, interview December 2016 offer January 2017.That about all I have to say about the whole process. Will start in February 2017.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied and was called for an interview about a week later. Standard behavioral interview questions, with an extra emphasis on the performance expectations of their call center. Had a second telephone interview - never met in person with a recruiter or manager. Was told about the training schedule and then told there were three choices regarding the schedule you would have after training. You're asked to prioritize your schedule preferences. When I got my offer letter, found out I would be working the third choice, which isn't good for me. Although I'm supposed to start 2/13, I'm thinking about calling them and declining the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with another person.
      How do you manage conflicting priorities.
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview, pretty easy basic questions. I applied online, they sent me to get background and drug test. Also questionnaires. waited 3-4 weeks before starting the actual position. Benefits were immediate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Took days to get reply, then phone interview was the only interview asked typical questions about having a way of getting to work, past experience in customer servicde, and why you would be a good fit for the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was really welcoming. I sat down and got to know the boss one on one for about a hour. He asked me questions like about my past jobs and also told me about his past.