State Farm Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.5

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

It was simple nothing out of the ordinary. It was the basic interview that you would receive over the phone. It was only one interview. They asked simple questions about past experience and asked situational questions to gauge how you would perform.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm (Hollywood, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick interview basic questions that all interviews ask. It was very brief. I would recommend asking questions about previous duties and responsibilities. Not what do you do for fun. Nice lady but very unprofressional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Houston, TX).

Interview

The initial "pre-screening" occurred on the phone. I spoke with the agent and was invited to an in person interview the same day. At the office the staff was friendly and helpful. I interviewed and was able to interact with the staff.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied through the website and was sent a non-disclosure email a few days later. After signing that, i was sent a pre-employment assessment test. (call simulation/typing test) it was pretty easy. I completed that on a Saturday and by Monday received an email saying I had competitive results. They emailed me again to set up a phone interview time and I was contacted at my exact interview time. It probably lasted about 45 minutes total. Pretty easy, STAR format. Just have examples of situations dealing with reliability, accountability, various themes. I got an offer at the end of the call. Confirmed start date and sent info for background and drug test. As soon as everything clears its official.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm in August 2017.

Interview

First interview took 1 hour. I was asked standard questions.

Second interview took about hour and 25 minutes. Was asked more of personality question. Talked about position in detail and expectation. Discussed pay and other information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Elizabethtown, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by phone a few days later to come in for an interview. At the interview I was not asked STAR questions but was told that any job in this office was a sales job and that my main duties were to sell sell sell.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the stress of outbound and inbound sales calls when held accountable to a goal?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in July 2017.

Interview

Sent to another agent in another city for the interview because new brokers aren't allowed to do interviews alone. This was a throwaway interview that lasted 15 minutes with no STAR questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Jenkintown, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was intense. First I was contacted by phone and had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then I was invited to come into the branch and meet the team. So a few day later I went in and I was interviewed for about an hour and asked a lot of questions about why I chose State Farm and if I was familiar with their products and services. Afterwards I was invited to another interview later that week. When I came in, I was asked to give a 5 minute presentation about what I learned about the position and what I learned from the State Farm website. Afterwards I was given a sheet of about 30 names and contact numbers and I did some calling for warm leads so that they could get a feel for how I would be on the phone. That process took about another 30 minutes and at the end, I was asked to provide six references that would all be contacted by the end of the day. Three days later, I got a call offering me a position. I was told I would only be offered a starting salary of $9/hr and after I obtained my first license it would jump to $11.50/hr plus commission , and after I get my third license I would get $15/hr plus commision. I declined the offer because I am currently making more than that and I felt that after how intense the interview process was , I would be offered more than that. I told my interviewer that I needed to be making at least $13/hr before he offered me $9/hr , and when I declined the job letting him know the salary was the issue, he did not offer to raise it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

It was all over the phone, which made sense, as the job was 100% on the phone. They had 3-4 people on the call. Just be yourself and be honest.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical questions about how you deal with angry customers, your customer service philosophy, and how you work as a team. Nothing crazy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

During the phone interview, I was asked why I had so many jobs and why I moved so often. After seemingly overcoming those objections, the interviewer kept coming back to that. A day later, I received my rejection email.