State Farm Insurance Accounts Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Insurance Accounts Representative Interview Questions

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I submitted a resume and was contacted by an outside recruiter. First call lasted about 15 minutes. He told me he would pass on my information and that the agent would either contact me if he was interested or not at all. Have not been contacted. I guess the agent wasn't interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very casual interview. Phone interview first to see what I was like on phone. Applied on linked in, found an amazing boss. It's all about finding a great motivator and truly believing in what you're selling. State Farm has a great reputation and the market is limitless. Never ending prospects to sell to.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be an insurance agent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Spoke to owners husband at our restaurant that I was running, Submitted my resume and spoke to Amanda in the office. I was offered the job that day. It was a great experience and I'm so glad to still be working there today.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very personal. 1 phone interview, then 1 face-to-face. Many questions about goals, life and expectations. Very informal which I like.
    Mine consisted of a 20 minute phone call, then scheduled an appointment.
    My appointment interview took about 45 minutes and mainly felt like meeting a new person who was more like a friend than an employer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly personal and goal oriented. Questions center around who you are, where you may want to go, what you have done, what brought you to this place, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Elgin, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, very basic questions about plans for the future, skills, and what drives you. They really like responsibility. They called me and set up a in person interview, and then called me in for a second interview where they offered me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

phone call interview for about 30 min or so. came in and waited to meet with the agent. finally asked me to come into the office. asked about resume, typical interview questions. give example of past sales experiences and had to be specific.

Interview Questions

• give an example of how you overcame a specific sales objection   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to a recruiter at my former University and got an email back immediately. I went in on a Friday morning and the interview was very laid back. The manager was very nice and asked a lot of questions about my college degree (social science also I'm a recent graduate) and why I wanted a sales position. He asked questions about my previous sales jobs and told me a lot about the company. They stressed being able to connect with people and having an willingness to work. Monday I was offered the job and my background check was completed by thursday. I saw someone say that you must have good credit to work for them and that is false. Also if you have an accident or a few tickets you will still be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your specific major?
      Why do you think you are suited for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Dissected Resume and asked generic what-if questions
    Expanded upon what services State Farm provides
    Asked about previous certifications and knowledge
    Asked for previous customer interaction scenarios and when you achieved a certain task or overcame an obstacle
    Tested insurance knowledge with basic terminology like what is a deductible, claim, liability, and subrogation.

Interview Questions

• If you knew someone was going to burn down their house several years after a policy started, would you sell them the homeowners?   1 Answer

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Interview

The interview was laid back. It depends on who the agent is. I took initiative in telling about myself, and my past experience. You need to have some kind of sales background, or customer service, dealing with people, etc. Everything relys on the personality of your agent. They could be any certain way, just be professional, and honest.

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Newberg, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

There was first a phone screen and then an in person interview, each about 30 minutes to an hour. The interview questions were almost identical from the phone screen to the in person interview, apart from a brief exercise of trying to sell an office desk item. It was a friendly interview and it was important to the agent to sell the possibility of future agency as well.