State Farm Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

They do not even meet you in person, everything is decided by a "personality test" you take online. If you don't "pass" this test that's it - no explanation is given as to why you fail and they don't want anything further to do with you. As a highly motivated, experienced and entrepreneurial person who has built and sold my own business I was shocked when I 'failed' their test. It was a dehumanizing experience, to say the least.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions about how much life insurance you have on yourself. Most of it was questions along the lines of 'would you describe yourself as enthusiastic' and 'do you enjoy discussions where you try to persuade others'. Another question was 'how many of your neighbors do you know by their first name'.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with several sales leaders and submitted my business proposal. After the business proposal there was an hour remaining for Q and A where they asked questions about my business plan.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to put this business plan into action?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2016.

Interview

Such an ordeal. They were wonderful and helpful throughout the process. They really did their job and helped you through all the million steps; however it was all just a sales gimmick. Tons and tons and tons of work for NOTHING. I was honest with the recruiter and the entire team from the beginning that I wasn't willing to move and was interested in one local opportunity. They encouraged me anyways so I really thought I had a chance. Turns out they had an internal candidate all along, and historically as a company, they always hire internally. I was told I was an excellent outside candidate and they wanted to place me in another location. Unfortunately, as I made clear them from the beginning, moving was not an option for me and my family. The entire application, testing, business proposal development, and interviewing process cost me so much time and money for such awful disappointment. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, they really built up my life dreams just to be crushed.

Interview Questions

• Please talk in complete detail about your numbers and sales funnel in your business plan   1 Answer
    • As an outside candidate how do you feel your skills would make you the better candidate?   1 Answer
    • What resources did you use to develop your business plan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Washington, DC).

Interview

Tough procesz, very rigid and a great deal if training that is very comprehensive. Stringent credit and Persian requirements. No she required, just money, skills, background check and credit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an agent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

met one on one, did not ask many questions. I said when can I start he said tomorrow. The friend that told me about the job said he was very desperate to hire someone.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Very intense and long-met with 3 interview panels of 6. Each panel asked a series of very difficult questions which ranged in subject matter and difficulty. The process was very intimidating

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've ever had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

An extensive series of online tutorials, meetings, interviews. The process itself was helpful for someone interested in insurance but who may have little knowledge about the business. Also had to prepare a business plan for a new agency (I see their reasoning for it but also seems like you're doing part of the job before being hired). They don't give credit for experience unless it's within State Farm. The role of the agent and agency has changed a lot with State Farm & is more about the agent taking on big financial responsibility without any protection of geographic sales territory. You could invest in a sales office and SF could open more agencies only a mile away & you could do nothing about it. I thought the staff involved could have (should have) been better. One was 40 minutes late for a meeting - no call. I also keep getting recruiting emails even though I've moved on to another opportunity.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone. They will go into details of what the job entails as well as giving you information on the extensive training. If you pass the interview, then you are given a link to begin the process, which starts with passing an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a team before? Have you run an office at any time? What are your sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very casual, yet professional. A laid back office space with friendly employees. Not overwhelming. Everybody seemed very nice. Looked like a friendly place to work. I chose not to pursue this opportunity however.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm in January 2015.

Interview

Always looking for good sales people with Life, health, and Annuities license and is really interested in persons that have their Property and Casualty license. Wants a cross seller to bring-in more than one of the 150 products State Farm offers. Very nice man from France and it is a new business for him (under one year). Offers small salary plus commission.

Interview Questions

• What type of product would you say you would be able to sell best?   Answer Question