State Farm Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

State Farm is a great company to work for. The interview process was several months long. starts with a recruiter and ends after several meetings with other management. I would recommend the process

Interview Questions

• can you describe a time when you had to risk everything for a high reward   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

It lasted about 2 hours. We had a great conversation and she asked for an entire background story about my life. Then, once she determined I was right for the job, she gave me a job description of what I would be doing. The job was actually very nice. It was on my own time and gave me freedom.

Interview Questions

It was full-commission which was not what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very casual. Asked a few basic questions about my work experience and then talked a great deal about himself. Didn't seem to have basic interviewing skills and never called my ex-employers or asked for references. I was surprised how much he wanted to talk about my personal life, hobbies and his family and volunteer work. It was the most casual interview I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to ask the customer for an opportunity to give them a life insurance quote? When can you start?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Herndon, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Brought in a copy of my resume to go over with office manager. A small math and English IQ exam was given before the interview to see where I was in regards to to my ability to multi task, communicate and comprehend.

Interview Questions

• To go through my resume in more depth.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was qualified to get what I wanted with no questions asked..

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

met one on one, did not ask many questions. I said when can I start he said tomorrow. The friend that told me about the job said he was very desperate to hire someone.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back shortly after

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm in January 2015.

Interview

Always looking for good sales people with Life, health, and Annuities license and is really interested in persons that have their Property and Casualty license. Wants a cross seller to bring-in more than one of the 150 products State Farm offers. Very nice man from France and it is a new business for him (under one year). Offers small salary plus commission.

Interview Questions

• What type of product would you say you would be able to sell best?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone. They will go into details of what the job entails as well as giving you information on the extensive training. If you pass the interview, then you are given a link to begin the process, which starts with passing an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a team before? Have you run an office at any time? What are your sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Stamford, CT) in February 2013.

Interview

It went well. Some of the salary and benefits were a bit glorified. Seems like there is not much room for advancement. Overall a decent company to work for for mid level positions. I would like to see more help and more lead generation offered to all agents. It seems like you are left to fend for yourself

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Submitted application and completed a face to face interview with the broker who was opening the location. The owner was fairly inexperienced with human resources - hiring, etc. Therefore, she had an individual from their corporate offices interview me as well.