State Farm Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State Farm (Rochester, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was short and the office agent was not sure what to hire me as considering I was already licsended in Life insurance with 2+ years experience in the industry and over 10 years in sales

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply for the position of customer service?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Submitted application. Received a reply via email within 24 hours. Spoke with agent over the phone to set up face to face interview. Scheduled interview within 3 days. Met with agent for interview. Got immediate offer. Had to wait 3 days for background check and started working within a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Advance, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Advance, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Took 2 tests, interviewed with head agent and rest of staff. Was asked general questions. First test was just a personality quiz, second one was similar to IQ tests I have taken, but a bit different.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a saleman, why are you right for this job .   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Interview wasn't bad as all just make sure you go in with some insurance knowledge and study up so you know a little bit about the company before you go in and you will be just fine. Having this knowledge of insurance as well as State Farm and what they do as a company will definitely give you a leg up on any interview competition.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Over the phone then they call you to come in for an interview. The process was less that 20 mins and I got offer a position the next day. They first train you and you have 30 days to get your insurance license before you can receive a select staff agreement.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose insurance   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The Interview was well organized and was not too long. I met with the agent so it was personable. I did not feel like a number but a valued candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone interview one in person. The interviewer was very nice and understanding and was really just looking for someone who is good at sales and would like to stay within the company for a few years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is one time you were given a deadline and you could not finish?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview, an in person panel interview, and one last interview at the agency I would work at. It was a very relaxed interview, and I did not feel uncomfortable. They want to get a sense of how good you are at communicating with people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were asked to do something you knew was wrong?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burleson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Burleson, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer was very basic and bland. No personality whatsoever. She missed our first meeting time and called me 3 hours late. I felt that it was very unprofessional. I have interviewed hundreds of potential employees and I could tell that she was really struggling with interviewing me. I have a feeling that she was intimidated by my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were basic and scripted. This person did not have much experience interviewing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked in and met the agent, and co-workers and chat for an hour in a private room. She asked me about my previous work experience, and why I want to work for State Farm Insurance.