State Farm Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Simple questions in the phone interview. Where do you want to be in 5 years etc...

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All the most common questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Sugar Land, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

in person resume - call back - requested apply online - phone interview - in person application - in office interview - assesment test - background check - job offer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Interview

professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Columbia, MO).

Interview

You will be asked why you want to work for them and why is insurance important to you. My agent asked about time an attendance and my sales history. How did your employer measure your sales and productivity? Also how you deal with difficult customers.

Interview Questions

• when you wanted to get your license? before you started working or start working and get your license? You want to do it before you start. It will make everything much easier.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they gave me a base salary amount. They mentioned commissions but did not say what they paid for commissions. You should ask about when you will be eligibe for an increase in pay. Ask how many attempts you get, to pass the insurance test. How long you have to study and if you have to have both Life & Health & P &C or just one.

Anonymous Employee in Sachse, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Sachse, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

15 minutes of questions about the company and my sales intern experience...wanted to know how my past employers saw me, what was my last job rank, how did i see a salesman, do i like helping people not just shoving a company down someones throat, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview Process very short and sweet. They just want to know why you thinking about working in insurance , if you are honest and have integrity as selling insurance is a profession that you will be protected if you are Honest in the long run . If you have your P & C license it makes you more marketable. Usually State Farm will pay for your life and P and C licenses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in insurance ?
      Where do you see in five years?
      How will you sell me this book?
      Answer Question

I didn't feel I was going to be happy in that office environment specifically . His office was a bit small and there was only one coworker and she was not friendly at all

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Alhambra, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

We met at a Panera and briefly talked about my experience and expectations. The agent mostly wanted to see if he liked me and if I would fit in with his staff. I was referred to him by another agent and he said he knew I was competent and just wanted to meet me.

Interview Questions

• Do i believe I am capable of meeting sales goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

really easy over the phone interview just a lot of questions. just be prepared and be honest and you will get hired. there are also personality tests that you have to take and a typing test the typing test was very easy and the personality test I just answered the way that I thought they would want me to answer. Not too tricky and they are always hiring because people get burned out very fast at this job.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had a disagreement with a manager and how you reacted   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burleson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Burleson, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer was very basic and bland. No personality whatsoever. She missed our first meeting time and called me 3 hours late. I felt that it was very unprofessional. I have interviewed hundreds of potential employees and I could tell that she was really struggling with interviewing me. I have a feeling that she was intimidated by my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were basic and scripted. This person did not have much experience interviewing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Conroe, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Lots stuff promised in interview but was never done...Was told there was room for growth and tons of bonuses but by the looks of thing it didnt seem true.