State Farm Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Easy process. Only took a few minutes to apply. About a month later I was contacted for a phone interview. I was interviewed by two recruiters. They asked a couple questions about my resume, a few behavioral questions, and a couple follow up questions. A few days later I told over email that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you pay attention to current news and events? What current business-related events are in the news right now?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at an on-campus event. Followed up with them at a career fair and got a phone interview a month later. It was a 30 minute phone interview between two people. talked about new facilities being built in Atlanta.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very nice, no trick questions, over in just a few minutes. The agent I worked with was friendly and seemed genuinely interested that I was there talking to him. There was a phone interview, and then I met with him in person. I have been in a lot worse interviews than this one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two interviews conducted on the same day. Each interview had several interviewers that asked questions and took notes. After the interview several weeks went by before I received feedback. When I received feedback it consisted of a e-mail sent by a member of State Farm's HR team.

Interview Questions

• One Question: Name a time that you were in a group and a member of the group did not perform. What did you do? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I had recruiters come to my career far. I had visited the company in Atlanta prior and spoke with them at their booth. I gave them my resume and was offered a next day interview.
    The interviewers were absolutely Excellent, created a very relaxed environment, and proved to be a wonderful company to speak with! The interview was mostly behavioral questions with a low-level tech skills self-assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to State Farm at my school's career fair and was offered an interview for two days later. The actual interview was not hard. I had three interviewers and they alternated asking me questions. The questions were primarily behavioral so be sure to have stories prepared that can answer behavioral questions. After that, they asked me to rate my knowledge between 1-3 on a number of programming languages / technologies. I disliked this part because it seemed to prefer people overconfident in their abilities rather than actually test knowledge. I heard back about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to exceed expectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I submitted the application through my law school career services. I was excited because it was in Bloomington, where I went to school. I was contacted by phone and I set up an interview. When I got there, parking was extremely difficult to find and resulted in me being a tad late, even though I had arrived 30 minutes early. They interview you in two sessions, with two interviewers a piece. My first interview was very casual, but the second interview was a little tougher.

Interview Questions

• They ask very specific legal questions that I wasn't necessarily prepared for, which may have been my fault.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Easy going interview with two interviewees. Questions were mostly behavioral. Not very hard ones, but easy ones to understand you. They were very engaging to talk to, so the whole process felt great. Follow up is important.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied at a job fair and was asked to do an interview. There was a single interview the next day. After that I had to wait a few weeks to get a response from the recruiters. Overall it was pretty simple. Everything was very formal and professional-- make sure to wear a suit.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Farm in September 2014.

Interview

I met State Farm in my university career fair and applied for an internship. The person asked me if I need visa sponsorship, me being an international student said yes after a certain period of time but nothing of the sort is required for the internship, he offered me an interview. When I walked in for the interview there was another person sitting with the person I had met in the fair and the former again asked me the same question, I repeated my answer and then they said they do not sponsor and therefore do nor recruit candidates on F-1 visa. It was a 10 minute interview. I was very disappointed as I had spent the entire evening preparing for this. So internationals beware!