State Farm Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two interviews conducted on the same day. Each interview had several interviewers that asked questions and took notes. After the interview several weeks went by before I received feedback. When I received feedback it consisted of a e-mail sent by a member of State Farm's HR team.

Interview Questions

• One Question: Name a time that you were in a group and a member of the group did not perform. What did you do? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

What do you think of your previous boss?
    - How would you feel about working for someone who knows less than you?
    - What salary range are you looking for at State Farm Insurance?
    - What quality of yours or personal trait matters the most in your career at State Farm Insurance?
    - What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or at work?
    - Give examples of steps taken to make each team member feel important.

Interview Questions

• d you have a strategic plan?
      - Describe a situation in which you had to collect information.
      - How important is it for you to have a career at State Farm Insurance?
      - Why do you want this job?
      - What's the most important thing you learned in school?
      - How did you assign priorities to jobs?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Duluth, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for an internship with State Farm at their corporate center in Duluth, GA in March 2010. I was first sent an email telling me that I landed the interview. The email consisted of a list of 3 topics and told me to prepare a 5 min presentation about 1and to present it during my interview next week. At the office, the interview first consisted of completing an intelligence test and then a behavioral test. They were both very easy and straightforward. After that I meet with 2 HR reps in a conference room where I presented my topic to them. After that there was a 2 on 1 interview with them. The interview was easy, mostly "tell me a time when you..." questions. After 2 weeks you receive a call or email telling you if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to convince someone of your point of view.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with two supervisors in the department, both of them are very nice and polite. They asked some basic behavioral questions and asked me to rate my proficiency in some softwares.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at an on-campus event. Followed up with them at a career fair and got a phone interview a month later. It was a 30 minute phone interview between two people. talked about new facilities being built in Atlanta.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The process took two weeks. I connected with a field sales leader, had a phone interview, then applied online and had a phone screen with the HR coordinator and took a drug test. The process took about three weeks total.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to take away from a summer internship at State Farm?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Very nice interview process. Applied online. Got picked for an interview, so I showed up to my interview location. They asked me some questions, it was super laid-back (of course, still dress up nice though. A suit is a good choice. You want to be a job candidate, not the butt of their jokes after you walk out the door), they were really nice, gave me time to think about my answers. There were 2 people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about State Farm?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you and a teammate disagreed about something during a project. How did you handle the situation? (not part of question: This isn't word-for-word the question since I forgot it. But, it was asking about this concept of dealing with people who don't agree with you).   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you were in a group and a member of the group did not perform. What did you do? What would you do differently?   Answer Question
    • Just basic behavior questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I had one on-campus interview that lasted about an hour to hour and half. Included behavioral and technical questions. I received a phone call from HR two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (College Station, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 State Farm employees who asked fairly generic behavioral questions. There were a few technical questions concerning what types of programming languages I'd used, whether or not I knew how to debug, and what type of projects I'd worked on plus my role in those projects.

Interview Questions

• How would you say you keep a good relationship with your bosses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bluffton, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty short and to the point. They asked me what my skills were and how my experience will relate to the position. The office manager and assistant manager both interviewed me once together and then I went on to interview with the owner of the agency. They were all extremely nice and made me feel comfortable.