State Farm Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.4

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Croton on Hudson, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Croton on Hudson, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was not interviewed, I was just given the job. I had been set up for this job through my school, as it was an internship that did not require much of me besides a good work ethic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2015.

Interview

They sit you in the back table, both managers. They ask about past work experience and about communication skills when talking to customers. Overall it was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral questions to get a better idea of what kind of person you are and what your goals are for the future. There were questions about what I did in school and why I wanted to pursue a career at State Farm. The interviewers just wanted to get an idea of what type of employee I would be.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Farm in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to the intern leader in emails and she was very short and did not give me full information. She was not very transparent in which I had to ask her for clarification multiple times. She then asks me to call a number without giving it to me.

She tells me to call at a certain time, and when I did she put me on hold for 15 minutes. Very unprofessional. When I do get to talk to her, she mixed up her words, and when I corrected her for clarification on how to answer, she seemed a little angry. When she asked if I could interview next week, I explain to her that I will be out of the state for spring break. She then proceeds to ask me if I'm going to have fun during break in a negative way and she then proceeds to give me a mini lecture on how even though I'm young and want to have fun, that I should cancel my plans to interview for the internship. Keep in mind that I am visiting family and going to a graduation ceremony during my allotted time off of school.

She asked me a couple different questions 2 or 3 times each. Obviously she did not have a formulated list of questions and she was not recording whether or not I answered. She was overall very unprofessional.

I feel as though State Farm should have had a more trained representative interview the interns.

Interview Questions

• How do you view yourself in a work setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (White Bear Lake, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very casual. Had to take the Wonderlic test. Asked a few behavioral questions. The agent basically wanted to make sure that I knew how to talk to people both over the phone and in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you worked with a team and what role did you play.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with two supervisors in the department, both of them are very nice and polite. They asked some basic behavioral questions and asked me to rate my proficiency in some softwares.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at an on-campus event. Followed up with them at a career fair and got a phone interview a month later. It was a 30 minute phone interview between two people. talked about new facilities being built in Atlanta.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First I received an email saying they were interested in my application. After that, I made a call to schedule an interview. The interview was very easy, basic questions with the standard answers. I got the internship!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The process took two weeks. I connected with a field sales leader, had a phone interview, then applied online and had a phone screen with the HR coordinator and took a drug test. The process took about three weeks total.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to take away from a summer internship at State Farm?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in October 2016.

Interview

I went to the career fair at my school and was emailed a week later asking to schedule an interview. The building was so nice and they made sure I was comfortable before I entered into the interview room. There were essentially two people who interviewed me -- one who asked me the behavioral questions and another (who looked like a graduate student) who asked me simple technical questions that were basically asking if I knew how to do certain things on a scale of 1-5. The behavioral questions asked were fairly simple... they were rather the typical behavioral questions you would get asked. For the technical questions, I ended up answering 0s and 1s for most of them, but I guess as long as you have 4s or 5s for some of them, you're fine. There were no coding questions. I ended up getting an offer through email about a month and a half later. I applied to the State Farm in my city, but I ended up getting the offer in the headquarters over at Bloomington, Illinois and they're offering me free housing and transportation, so it's a really good deal. I'm looking forward to working for them next summer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge and how you overcame it.
      Describe a time when you put in a lot of effort. What was the outcome?
      How do you maintain a good relationship with your manager?
      How do you take criticism?
      How do you learn best?   Answer Question