State Farm Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.4

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two interviews conducted on the same day. Each interview had several interviewers that asked questions and took notes. After the interview several weeks went by before I received feedback. When I received feedback it consisted of a e-mail sent by a member of State Farm's HR team.

Interview Questions

• One Question: Name a time that you were in a group and a member of the group did not perform. What did you do? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (College Station, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 State Farm employees who asked fairly generic behavioral questions. There were a few technical questions concerning what types of programming languages I'd used, whether or not I knew how to debug, and what type of projects I'd worked on plus my role in those projects.

Interview Questions

• How would you say you keep a good relationship with your bosses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I had recruiters come to my career far. I had visited the company in Atlanta prior and spoke with them at their booth. I gave them my resume and was offered a next day interview.
    The interviewers were absolutely Excellent, created a very relaxed environment, and proved to be a wonderful company to speak with! The interview was mostly behavioral questions with a low-level tech skills self-assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to State Farm at my school's career fair and was offered an interview for two days later. The actual interview was not hard. I had three interviewers and they alternated asking me questions. The questions were primarily behavioral so be sure to have stories prepared that can answer behavioral questions. After that, they asked me to rate my knowledge between 1-3 on a number of programming languages / technologies. I disliked this part because it seemed to prefer people overconfident in their abilities rather than actually test knowledge. I heard back about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to exceed expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

By far the easiest interview I have ever had. Not a single technical question, only behavioral and asking me to rate myself on skill X from 0-5 based on how well I know it. Compare this to interviews at other companies where I was writing code and answering tech questions for 3-6hrs straight.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were on a team with someone who you didn't work well with, how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bluffton, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty short and to the point. They asked me what my skills were and how my experience will relate to the position. The office manager and assistant manager both interviewed me once together and then I went on to interview with the owner of the agency. They were all extremely nice and made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (White Bear Lake, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very casual. Had to take the Wonderlic test. Asked a few behavioral questions. The agent basically wanted to make sure that I knew how to talk to people both over the phone and in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you worked with a team and what role did you play.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

What do you think of your previous boss?
    - How would you feel about working for someone who knows less than you?
    - What salary range are you looking for at State Farm Insurance?
    - What quality of yours or personal trait matters the most in your career at State Farm Insurance?
    - What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or at work?
    - Give examples of steps taken to make each team member feel important.

Interview Questions

• d you have a strategic plan?
      - Describe a situation in which you had to collect information.
      - How important is it for you to have a career at State Farm Insurance?
      - Why do you want this job?
      - What's the most important thing you learned in school?
      - How did you assign priorities to jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Round Rock, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening, had to take a timed assesment and then after I passed that I had a very casual intervew. basically a converation. It was very easy and laid back, I clicked with the manager and team memeber so I feel like that really benefited me through the process.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked any specific interview convesrations. Bascailly just had a conversation.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2015.

Interview

They sit you in the back table, both managers. They ask about past work experience and about communication skills when talking to customers. Overall it was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer