State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through their website. Received an email a couple days later for a phone interview with recruiter and test analyst. Behavioral based questions and basic technical questions. Interviewed today. They said i'll receive some correspondence within 2 weeks. Hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about yourself? hat do you know about State Farm?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenging situation and how did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you sought help from your professor but he/she wasn't available? what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Technical: Describe agile methodology   Answer Question
    • How would you test a software? what would be your approach and what steps would you follow?   Answer Question
    • What kind of testing did you do in your academics? what tools do you have experience with?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Went through a 3-4 week hiring process for them to tell me in the end that I was not qualified enough to work for them. First off, the recruiter which interviewed me over the phone had no energy whatsoever. An interviewee can only do as well as the interviewer. With her lack of enthusiasm, it seems as if she just wanted to get it done as quickly as possible, having it done so in 15 minutes, when I was told the interview would be around 30-45 minutes. All they want is for you to be a part of their numbers game, when in reality they could just look at your resume and screen candidates off from the beginning. DON'T PLAY THEIR NUMBERS GAME. I wasted time taking tests for them, and the real reason that I'm "unqualified" is because I'm only 20, therefore lack previous customer service experience, yet I have a couple friends working there (one who I have even worked with before), and no offense, if they can do the job, I could do it just as well. How about State Farm actually looks through Resume's and previous job experience first, rather than moving people on through the process just so they have numbers to make it look like the candidates they do select, are of the best quality. Joke of a company that is going downhill anyways, they just lost $1B! Long story short, Don't waste your applying for a job with this company that hires boring recruiters that I could even do a better job, even having little to no experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that lead to your overall mental development   Answer Question

Centralized Agency Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes long. Lots of scenarios where I had to tell what I would do and how I would handle the situation. Lots of specific questions about working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. I passed the phone interview and received an email that outlined the need for accommodations or not in order to take the required tests including typing speed, proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point. Waiting now to hear if I get an interview with one of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• How would I interact on a personal level with the agent and marketing team that I'm supporting?   Answer Question

Software Developer - Object Oriented Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email from the recruiter a few days later asking for my transcripts and updated resume. She scheduled a phone interview with one of their recruiters.

The interview will be a technical and competency-based interview designed to gauge how well your skills and experience fit the job opportunity. Be prepared to provide Specific Examples to multiple interview questions with regard to your skills and experience.

You can learn more about State Farm's interview process at Statefarm.com/careers.

I was not selected for the further round because I am on OPT and State Farm cannot sponsor H1 now or in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What do you know about State Farm   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of when you have to handle multiple priorities? How did you meet all your responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your supervisor was unavailable to direct you to a particular project/problem. How did you approach the situation?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a project that you are most proud of and the contribution to the project?   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm in May 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume and was told I had to complete an Assessment interview which was a waste of almost 2 hours and within 15 minutes I was informed I was not a candidate for this job.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of graphs and customer service questions. A feedback would have been helpful.   Answer Question

Rep Interview

Interview

Good stuff it was fun and exciting and then it went well. It was a positive and progress experience I would definitely do it again since it was well worth its

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2017.

Interview

They briefly ask you to describe your work history. Go over position details. Then ask situational based questions fir you to answer in STAR method form. You may have to do a mock interview following the situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SF? What's your work ethic? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Phone and in person with multiple people. You speak with many different people. Ultimately it felt like the role they were hiring for was evolving from the original posting, which was frustrating.

Claims Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2017.

Interview

The first thing I received was a pre hiring sheet once I emailed that in I received another email stating I've made it to the next step which was going to be a timed rest that I had 48hrs to take.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2017.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with an HR recruiter. Typical background information check to make check for salary expectations and culture fit.

Second and final interview was conducted via a panel of 4 individuals - 2 managers, 1 analyst and 1 archicect. They were checking high technology competency , culture fit and work experience and culture fit. They had a list of standard questions that they were asking "all candidates" and would make a decision based on the results of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you disagreed with a co-worker and how you resolved it?   Answer Question