State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.9

451 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Applied 10/22 online for the 2018 summer data science internship position. Didn't hear back until 11/10 for the initial phone screening. It lasted for 45 mins. HR asked general behavioral questions as well as some technical/project related questions in details (e.g. Talked me through an example where you were given large amount of data and you need to scale it down. Experience with little data available online?) I was told that if selected, the 2nd round interview would take place in the week of 12/4. I heard back from them 2 weeks later for the technical phone interview, with 2 data scientists from the team. It was supposed to last for an hour but ended in 35 mins. It's more in depth. I was asked to illustrate my background in data science again, but they asked a lot of follow-up questions. I was expected to explain a ML algorithm in details and rank my familarity with certain data science tools (Python, R etc). They promised to get back to me earlier this week, but I received no response. The overall process is plesant expect for the wait.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

This was a first round interview, so the recruiter asked behavioral questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, and the recruiter was very pleasant. In terms of time split, I answered questions for roughly the first half, and asked my questions the second half.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented an idea and it was rejected. What did you do?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a brief phone call discussing the experience and projects I listed on my resume. Most of them are behavior questions and there are some questions about my project experience. There is no technical questions.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

It's an on-campus interview. What they are looking for is an outgoing person which i think is not a good fit for me. But the questions are pretty straightforward. Just those behavior questions you can expect.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Victorville, CA).

Interview

I emailed about the position and got asked for an interview. The lady was really unprepared and had no specific questions to ask. There were four other girls in there which is kind of unnecessary I feel for the job that they are recruiting for

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

I was invited to a interview after talking with representatives at a college career fair. The interview itself was pretty standard. There were a few interviewers and the questions were fairly standard and not too technical.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of only one interview. It was about one hour, and the questions were mostly behavioral with a few basic technical questions. I interviewed with a panel of four interviewers (one HR representative and 3 veteran software developers).

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

applied through website and career fair, got a call and set up a interview on campus. interview was 2:1 through supervisors, asked general behavioral questions. the whole process took about 30 mins.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlett, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Bartlett, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

I came in 10 mins early. He sat me down in his office in Bartlett, TN, he had my application in his hand I filled out online on Facebook on the marketplace.

Interview Questions

• What type of computer programs are you familiar with based on experience from previous years working as an administrative assistant   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Southfield, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, was told it was to be between 30-45 minutes and it was just within that time frame. The phone interview had two interviewers on the other line, and started just by asking me to tell them about myself. They then told me more about specifics of the job, and what to expect on a day to day basis. They then asked somewhere around 8-10 questions involving my former employment background and behavioral questions.

Got a call a day later to go into the State Farm office for an in person interview.. will update when I come out!