State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,685 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,685 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

the process was thorough and explained very well. The interviewing team was amazing and made you feel comfortables. The process took awhile due to the number of interviewees and was nerve wrecking

Insurance Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the agent, then a group interview with the team. Very conversational and easy. I interview with several different ages and decided to choose the one that I felt was most positive and organized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about State Farm? How do you feel about marketing to the community?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers that asked general behavior questions and proficiency in languages. There were no technical questions surprisingly, just asking from a scale from 1-5 how proficient I was at certain languages and technologies.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I cannot really remember everything but he is what I do.
    I applied online for 3 jobs. Claims-Express, Claims-ILR, and Auto Loss. They eventually merged Express and ILR so the interview was really for both positions.
    I then had to do a simulation. I have to answer phones (click the button) and find the information the customer needed. I also had to do a typing simulation. It was not too difficult but don't take it lightly because it does move fast paced.
    After that I waited for an email. Initially it said I didn't get the job because all the positions for that time period were filled but I got asked for an interview for the same job that started at a later date.
    I was sent an email to confirm my availability and they emailed me back the time of my interview which was over the phone.
    The interviewer was nice and made me less nervous. She was very helpful in explaining the job and answering my questions.
    I got my job offer the next day pending a background check and drug test.

Community Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The agent owner was in need of someone to help her market directly to the community she was not, not just national marketing provided by SF Corporate or direct mail campaigns to current book of business & I was an independent contractor who could help with this type of promotion at the time.

Interview Questions

• Did I have an insurance license. I did not. I should have never gotten one, but she offered to pay for it and that's how I got sucked in to providing her office a different set of services that I did not initially apply for.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Houston, TX).

Interview

The initial "pre-screening" occurred on the phone. I spoke with the agent and was invited to an in person interview the same day. At the office the staff was friendly and helpful. I interviewed and was able to interact with the staff.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

2 parts one group describing the job then 2 on one. Both took turns asking questions and then gave option to take questions from you. I would advice asking questions it's your turn to show you've done you're research on the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Usually goes through two rounds. One with the supervisor whose hiring based off how well you fit with the team. You don't have to know much about consumer loans. The second round is with the director whose bias towards women. A lot of conversation.

Interview Questions

• State Farm has an internal interview process. Based off core competencies ranging from paraprofessional/ professional technical/ management.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews. 2 phone and 2 in person. Pretty swift and doesn't really bring out the best in each person. Pretty laid back interviews but doesnt really give you a full scope of what happens. Not very specific on how much they pay.

Interview Questions

Interview

First there is a phone interview then a face to face. The interview is with the office manager and the agent ! I was all done with in two weeks.