State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1,497 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dunwoody, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of January. The next day I took an online assessment which tested my typing skills and also simulated a call center situation. Soon thereafter I was selected for a phone interview (01.12.2016) which I was very nervous about but the questions here on Glassdoor really helped. Just make sure you review the questions, know what to answer and sound confident. Make sure to also review the position you are applying for as they might ask you about it and answer questions with detail!! My interview only lasted a total of 12 minutes! I was surprised because everyone else said theirs lasted so much longer. The day after my interview I got a call with a contingent job offer pending on my drug test which I had today (01.18.2016). Also waiting on my Spanish proficiency test which I will be taking this week. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about State Farm?   Answer Question
    • What do you remember about the job description you are applying for / What is the job requirement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with multiple forms of technology simultaneously.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I submitted a resume and was contacted by an outside recruiter. First call lasted about 15 minutes. He told me he would pass on my information and that the agent would either contact me if he was interested or not at all. Have not been contacted. I guess the agent wasn't interested.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

very simple they look for people that fit their organizational culture. having a P&C license helps if you are looking for a long term goals at state farm. the process is interview with the office manager and if he thinks you will fit then the next interview will be with the agent in charge of the office

Interview Questions

• how many people do you know?   1 Answer

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online 12/2016. I was contacted 1/2017 via email to take assessments, which took about 45 mins to complete. I was contacted again approx 2 weeks later, still 1/2017 to set up a phone interview time. State Farm allowed me to select dates and times I would be available. I was then contacted end of 1/2017 with confirmation of the phone interview being set. My phone interview was 2/2017 and I was given a contingent offer of employment at the end of the phone interview. I will receive an email in the next few weeks to submit information for my background check and to go in for drug screening. My start date is 3/2017.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview? Why do you want to work for State Farm? He/She will ask for examples of certain situations that may have occurred with previous employers. If you can not think of a particular situation you experienced directly related to the question, tell what you would do if you are ever faced with that particular situation. Be very detailed, so your response can be long...you want to tell what happened from beginning to end, basically. The interview will last approx 45 mins-60mins.   Answer Question

Claim Associate PIP/MPC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richards, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Richards, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Since I was an out of state applicant I was given an hour long phone interview. I was asked no more than ten questions about myself, my work background, scenario questions, and yes/no questions regarding employment which closed the interview process.

Mortgage Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from HR after completing assessments for a phone screening interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week. It was 25 - 30 minutes. The interviewer was pleasant and professional. The result was an interview with a team of hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a confrontation with a customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then an online evaluation. Then got called in for a face to face interview, filled out an application, met with branch owner. Rather long in-person interview. Lots of questions.

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

They say it will take up to 40 min. for phone interview, took about 20 min. Typical interview questions. State Farm trains you for the positions, they want to make sure you are 110% available/free for the mandatory training.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for State Farm, more specifically this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time you handled a difficult situation and how did you resolve it (in your current position or in general)?   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process went as follows: was contacted initially by a recruiter on LinkedIn, we talked for 30 minutes about the facility and the locations (Bloomington, IL and Dunwoody, GA). Then she told me I would be contacted for an HR interview with more "in-depth/technical" questions.

The HR interview was scheduled that Friday, she was 15 minutes late to the phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. All she asked me were anecdotal questions such as "how do you explain a complex topic?" or "tell me about your life". Nothing actually technical or in-depth was asked, leading me to believe they were looking for a student/fresh graduate who would work for peanuts. When asked about salary, all I said was "fair market plus cost of living for Dunwoody" - there was no response to that.

I was then told I would be contacted again if there was interest moving forward (I'm guessing the next interview would actually have UX questions?). The HR recruiter said I would hear back next Tuesday at the latest. I didn't get an email until the next day, Wednesday morning, which was so vague, I'm not certain if it's a rejection or a glorified "thank you note". Here's the email text:

Subject: Notification regarding your application for User Experience Researcher

Body: Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with State Farm and for giving us the opportunity to consider you for the job opening listed below. We appreciate the time you have spent on our behalf.

I'm guessing this was a rejection, but it's so vague, I have no idea who would write a rejection letter as such.

I included a portfolio, with links to research projects, but according to Google Analytics, no one at State Farm looked at them. As such, I really have NO IDEA how they actually pursue qualified candidates, and am left with my original conclusion that they are looking for a fresh graduate, who's simply cheap and impressionable. Based on the whole experience, I cannot really form any other conclusion.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain any complex topic?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your life   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Johns Creek, GA).

Interview

Long interview. More than one person in room asking rapid fire questions. There were more than one interviews. Started with phone screen and then went to panel interview. Interview with panel was high stress. Hiring was pretty simple. Went on a training class for a month or two then took a test. There is a License test you must take and pass or you will not be working there.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you had to work in a team on a project what was the outcome   Answer Question