State Farm AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.1

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Very Casual, not a tough interview. Everything was fairly straight forward. Talked on the phone with agent then set an interview with him for coffee. Once we discussed things we met in the office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Depending on the agents that the process varies. One of the most comprehensive process was firstly personality test, then math test, then initial interview with team lead, then second indepth interview, then licensing passing requirement.

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

Interview was quick. Hired on the spot. It was just the Agent and myself. I was probably in the office for a total of 20 minutes. This agent had a high turn around rate.

Interview Questions

• I have no idea what they asked me during the interview. It was so short, and I was hired on the spot. That happens pretty often with me; I interview pretty well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Then came in for a 1on1. He asked me to tell him why I want to work for State Farm. Asked how my energy was from 1-10. Asked me to pretend to sell him an object.

Anonymous Employee in Manassas Park, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Manassas Park, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Several in person interviews that were drawn out for hours and hours.The agent did not go over benefits, misrepresented pay, and avoided questions about commission (which is very low). These jobs do not pay, have no benefits, offer a low salary, and very low commission 4% on P&C

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Interviewed for sales. The agent determines who he or she wants to work with, not really a corporate interview. Talked salary and commission, schedule, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Dressed professionally and promoted myself.

Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Eureka, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was extremely easy. Applied directly to agent via an Indeed ad, got a phone call from the agent for an interview. Interview was a 1 on 1 sit down at a coffee shop in my case. Requires drug and background check, no criminal background allowed whatsoever. Received job offer on the spot. One item of note, make sure you ask lots of questions in regards to salary during AND after training, I was in for a big surprise (not a good one) post training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales experience.

Do you have experience cold calling individuals?

Tell me about your experience finding sales leads.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was challenging but the Agent was very knowledgeable and friendly. He asked me about my experience and what I know about insurance. He as adamant that I believe in life insurance and that I was detailed oriented. Overall, he was great in letting me know what was expected of this position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER Interview

Interview

Interview was very quick & must show insurance knowledge or it will be a long learning lesson through mistakes however almost 99% of mistakes are reversible. Make sure the office you are interviewing at is a place you can see yourself working at everyday otherwise your production will reflect your attitude and you will be looking for another job in no time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it is what it is , you may counter offer but you will get a feeling from the Agent that you can check out other offices if you dont want his offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid-back, standard interview process. The agent was very friendly and asked me about my previous experiences and also talked about some hobbies. Very quick process and if they like you, they would offer you the job right on the spot, given that you can pass the certification test for your insurance license.