State Farm Customer-Care Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Customer-Care Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was an extensive one, though I believe it is because it was for a management-level position. From first contact to a job offer was approximately two months.

The first contact was receiving an e-mail from a recruiter asking me basic qualifying questions, such as salary requirements; willingness to relocate, if required; awareness of call-center environment, inclusive of hours of operation.

After that, I was scheduled for a telephonic interview with the recruiter I was dealing with. The questions were straightforward, centering principally on associate interaction and coaching/feedback.

The second interview was a panel interview with two operations manager. This interview was conducted telephonically. The managers were friendly and welcoming to any questions I had. They asked more targeted management questions.

After a month's wait, the company extended a job offer.

Interview Questions

• One question in particular that I remember centered on why I wanted to leave the position I was in at the time. The question wasn't challenging per sé; it was simply something I hadn't really thought about, other than the standard needs, such as more challenges, different culture, and better pay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although I expected to negotiate (like I did for any other position), State Farm not only met my salary expectations, it exceeded the top end of it by $3,000. I was very impressed. Not because I got more than expected, but because the company didn't do what other companies do: Try to offer the lowest possible in hopes that the candidate does not negotiate.