State Farm Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional and informative. Pretty long interview. Must be willing to get license in insurance industry. Must be driven and passionate about industry. Great place to move up internally and/or indendenply with your own office.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with irate customers in your last position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview

1. Apply online and submit resume; indicate interest
    2. Receive response from hiring agent
    3. First interview-Why State Farm? Why this job? Cover skills/experience/education/career and personal goals/work style
    4. Background check
    5. Second interview-Review compensation, pay structure, job description and expectations
    6. Emailed offer and job contract

I took the initiative to apply for the job through State Farm Agent Locator. As it turns out, when I applied, they were not hiring in the office. I followed up my application with a personal email to the agent including a resume and cover letter and why I would like to be considered for a position within the agency. I applied for the a team member position and was offered an Agent Aspirant position.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a boss or manager? Describe a time when you felt like you provided someone with really excellent service or assistance. What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a 10% higher base salary which was accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

This was a lengthy interview process with little or no communication afterward. I was called for a phone screen, then an interview with the agent. One week later I was went in for a second interview with the office manager and an employee who held a similar position. It was a good experience and I thought it all went well. However, communication after the interview was delayed. I finally had to take another offer. Online employee benefits are not the benefits offered during interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly routine. The receptionist offered me coffee and I accepted. The interviewer greeted me happily and asked standard interview questions and then told me about the job and then took my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you see yourself as a salesman?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Madison, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

I first received an email saying they found my resume on a job board. Then they sent me an email asking to talk with me about the position. I then got emails with information and forms to fill out and describing the position and when I should come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you graduate high school?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in insurance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I think every person looking into the job market should be careful of companies that right away tell you that their company is wonderful and this field can help you grow your career etc. Because the reality is why would they care about your future and your wealth? They don't. What the reality is (check online for reviews about being a state farm agent) they will interview you, show you a book of what the position consists of and how you can become sucessful in years to come. Its all bull, when you go for the interview I recommend seeing how they play this role...because in the end what they want is for your to "hook in a bunch of people" and then when you cannot excel in your position - since it is a commission paid position - you will see that they will take all your clients and profit further in their own business.

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Edmond, OK) in May 2010.

Interview

The agent was my personal agent for my insurance while I was in the office he ask if I would interested in working for him. that was my interview started the following week