State Farm Customer Sales Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Customer Sales Service Representative Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

It was a joke. The agent had no clue what she was doing. She made commitments that she could not keep. The agent had no idea how to interview anyone for how to screen for applicants. It was obvious that she was not cut out to be an agent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. She wanted you to work from 8:30 till 6 everyday and then every other Saturday from 10 to 1. She did not even want to pay overtime. When pointed out that she had to she finally succumbed. Only took the job because I was desparate. I'm now looking for a new job. The pay was absolutely horrible.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was really easy. I didn't even find the job, the recruiter found me and told me to apply. I did and then I took the assessment! I thought I failed but apparently I didn't. Shortly after (maybe two days), I got an email about scheduling a phone interview! Now when I looked up the hiring process, the website said I would have to do an second interview. But the offer was extended to me at the end of the call. No second interview. Questions focused on my current job at the time and my role and duties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm (Marysville, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Many questions about prior jobs, asking what I did, what role i played, how successful my sales are and why I left each place. Pretty plane Jane to be honest. Described their commission system and told me they make cold calls, which was instantly a turn off. (was not in the description) Proceeded to tell me that prior jobs were not important but would then bring up certain details from my history because I was at my jobs for over a year and a half each and she would say that they don't need to waste their time on someone who will only be there a year... Even after multiple times of saying I wanted a company I could make a career with. Said they start at $15, ACTUALLY starting at $10!!!! Blew my mind because it was false advertising. School/training not paid; 8 weeks of schooling to get 4 different insurance documents. Told I needed to stay at current job and go to school. 6 paid holidays but no vacation until after 1 year. Not really any good benefits what so ever. Was told no skills necessary, only need perseverance needed but that since I was in the workforce for 3 years each job a year and a half I was not putting in enough effort for their job. Ended with a offer, but definitely declined.

Interview Questions

Declined because they start you at $10 instead of $15, (even though $15 was posted you have to "earn" your way there from $10) was told they you'd make $10/hr fr the first two to three months. Unpaid training and school, and they expect you to do all 8-12wks. Was very rude I the way they would say things. Very unproffessional.

Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional and informative. Pretty long interview. Must be willing to get license in insurance industry. Must be driven and passionate about industry. Great place to move up internally and/or indendenply with your own office.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with irate customers in your last position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative/Sales Interview

Interview

Did two online assessesments, one was a math and skills test. The other was just a personality test. Still waiting for a response. The math and skills was time, and I was not totally ready. The time went past so fast. The personality test was decent, I would say fairly easy to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was extensive and thorough. There were multiple stages including phone, in person, and some testing. The interviewer asked very pertinent and detailed questions. There were a lot of open ending questions. The enterview process was not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Customer Service Representative/Sales Interview

Interview

There are usually two interviews. The second interview was in person. They ask the normal interview questions. Although it seemed like the interview took 45 mins to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Talking about a time in which you had to read a person.   Answer Question

They wanted employee to pay out of pocket for licensing.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Westminster, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

One on One interview lasted 1 hour. Went into the office and was greeted by the staff. The state farm agent was very serious at first and the questions started out pretty serious but as the time past, it become more of like a behavioral type interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview

1. Apply online and submit resume; indicate interest
    2. Receive response from hiring agent
    3. First interview-Why State Farm? Why this job? Cover skills/experience/education/career and personal goals/work style
    4. Background check
    5. Second interview-Review compensation, pay structure, job description and expectations
    6. Emailed offer and job contract

I took the initiative to apply for the job through State Farm Agent Locator. As it turns out, when I applied, they were not hiring in the office. I followed up my application with a personal email to the agent including a resume and cover letter and why I would like to be considered for a position within the agency. I applied for the a team member position and was offered an Agent Aspirant position.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a boss or manager? Describe a time when you felt like you provided someone with really excellent service or assistance. What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a 10% higher base salary which was accepted

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Katy, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

When aplying for this position, make sure you are very friendly. Have to have great customer services and really good sales pitch. Dress Professionally and be ready to interview with more than one person. Have your resume on hand and also be avaiable to work right away.

Interview Questions

• Depending on the agent there aren't any unexpected questions, besides how long you plan on being with the company. Most agents don't want to hire someone for a seasonal job while school is out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When can you start ?