State Farm Processor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.7

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

It was pretty fair. Scenario questions. They ask you have you ever received a call from an upset customer. If so how did you handle it? What are your weaknesses? Have you made a mistake? If so, how did you handle it?

Mortgage Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from HR after completing assessments for a phone screening interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week. It was 25 - 30 minutes. The interviewer was pleasant and professional. The result was an interview with a team of hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a confrontation with a customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Claim Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Frederick, MD).

Interview

I started by applying online, completing an online assessment, and had two different face to face interviews. After a 3 month process, I was finally offered a position as a Claims Processor, now referred to as Express claims associate.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Hired at a large hiring pool event. Personal interview followed by group interview. After that was called in a week later to interview with hiring manager. Then a week or so later was called with the offer.

Claim Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

it was friendly, easy. Nothing unexpected. You should do a mock interview prior since there might be a panel interviewing you. Otherwise, just be yourself and confident. They make the decision very quick.

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call after approximately 1 month. This was an initial phone screening to verify my Resume. I then received a second phone call which was scheduled 1 week later. This was a basic behavioral interview which asked questions about how you handled customers in the past. While others I know had a face to face interview after this but for whatever reason the phone interview I had was sufficient for them to make an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond your normal duties for a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for entry level jobs

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Interview

I had one phone interview and received a job offer the next day. The phone interview consisted of about 7 questions and only took about 15-20 minutes. Each question gave a scenario and asked how you would provide great customer service.

Interview Questions

• Typical how would you respond, what would you do type of questions.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

You interview before a panel of 4 to 5 people which includes managers and team leads. They ask you the "tell me about a time when" past performance and skills based questions for anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes. They expect you to ask for the job and tell them if you are still interested in the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you provided excellent customer service to them.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Frederick, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online late March and received an email to complete a battery, skills, and data entry test. Two days later, I received an email informing me I passed the tests and that a recruiter would contact me to schedule an interview. My interview was in late April and it was a phone interview which took about an hour.

The recruiter was very professional, thorough and helpful through the process. We discussed my employment background and went over a series of behavioral questions. We went over salary and unfortunately that was non-negotiable. She told me that I wouldn't hear back about whether or not a offer would be presented until the end of May. She notified me that start date for the position would be in July.

I heard back from a recruiter Mid- May (this month) with an contingent offer (passing background completed by hire right and drug screen). There would be no additional interviews after the phone interview.

At this point I am just waiting to hear back from two other positions from other companies one offering 42K and the other offering 35K because State Farm is only offering me 31K and I left my previous position making 36K.

Interview Questions

• Reflect back to a time where you disagreed with management or a coworker.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. They claim salaries are competitive yet they offered the lowest salary out of all other jobs i interviewed for in the area. I accepted offer until I heard back from other jobs I applied to and interviewed for which were offering 10K+ more.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Two level interview, first was an over the phone with person in HR and secondary interview is a panel interview with two or more managers in your desired department.

Interview Questions

• All questions were previous job experience questions, not challenging   Answer Question