State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.5

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions were asked. It is a sales position, so naturally they want to know that you're able to sell. Show them your enthusiasm and willingness to work. The recruiters are kind.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Thorough and engaging --- Was a panel interview with 3 other representatives. Everyone asked questions in a casual setting and was very friendly. Was not offered the job on the spot, but they told me flat out that I was their top candidate

Interview Questions

• pretty standard--- asked about marketing and gaining leads   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Good interview. Mostly sales and service based questions. Needed to be willing to learn. To do this job, 80 hours of classroom and passing the state exam for licensing is required before you can start.

Customer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then they reached out to me for a an assessment via email. I did the assessment and i did well because later on in they week they reached out and wanted to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 45 minutes. She told me about the job then went on to ask me a lot of personality questions that required the star method of answering. At the end she offered me a contingent offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult customer?
      What would a sales man have to do to get you to buy a product?
      How would you explain a price differential to a customer?
      How did you deal with feedback from management?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

Very informal, agent was extremely nice and very informative. I engaged in conversation for about twenty minutes with the agent. I was told I need to take a personality test and then we scheduled an interview next week to go over the test results and I was asked to do a presentation on State Farm bank credit cards.

CCC Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview where I was asked a series of scenarios and asked to be as detailed as possible when responding. I felt like I was going through the interview with an automated system. I would rather do an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were able to get a customer to purchase something.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

hired within 10 minutes, was not really an interview, as explained previously, was actually very easy, went in, he asked how long was at previous employer, answered 10 years. wham, bamm, hired

Interview Questions

• when would I be available to work   1 Answer

CCC Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

First an online test, then phone interview, then drug test the job offer if you pass the drug test very friendly people kind of hard questions to answer though

Interview Questions

• What do you know about State Farm   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Submitted application. Received a reply via email within 24 hours. Spoke with agent over the phone to set up face to face interview. Scheduled interview within 3 days. Met with agent for interview. Got immediate offer. Had to wait 3 days for background check and started working within a week

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Advance, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Advance, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Took 2 tests, interviewed with head agent and rest of staff. Was asked general questions. First test was just a personality quiz, second one was similar to IQ tests I have taken, but a bit different.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a saleman, why are you right for this job .   Answer Question