State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.4

168 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I took some online assessments and the phone interview were basic questions “what would you do in this situation?” They offered the job on the spot and told me the day I was to report to the office

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

First they usually post their positions to meet at a hotel where they do a brief interview to see if your personality is a good fit. Then they send you to another room with computers where you can apply online and then you get a phone interview and offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you dealt with a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

You start out by applying online through their website. For the best chance of getting hired, try to get a reference. It is also a huge plus if the reference is a family member, as that is something they like. From there, its a waiting game. Luckly, i recieved a reply within a week. From there you take a preliminary test that gauges your ability to retain information, type quickly, and be able to adapt to new environemnts. This test is really easy and fool proof. From there you can expect to wait about a week for a reply. From there they will schedule an interview via telephone. The interview for me was a little stale; however, i stuck with the STAR method for answering questions and felt very confident. The interview lasted 53 minutes. From my understanding, the longer the interview, the better you did. They also at the end got into specifics about the job with was another good sign. All in all, The process has taken me about 3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for CCC sales rep on May 30th, 2017 and wasn't contacted for a phone interview until June 21st 2017. In the job posting it is stated that sales experience is not "required" but it desired. So by that anybody would assume that they should still apply even if they don't have sales experience, which seemed misleading at least to me in a way. My best advice is not to apply without sales experience, the interview is very sales based so anyone without experience just might suffer throughout this interview as some of the questions really require you to elaborate on past sales experiences and how you close sales, etc , and me coming from a retail background , I did lack a bit. My confidence was super high during the interview so that helped out a lot and I also did my research on the company beforehand. The interview did seem very monotone as you could tell the interviewer was reading from a script so it was very discouraging and just not at all seeming like they want to get to know you on a personal level. For most interview reviews on here it seems as though if State Farm does not offer you the position at the end of the phone call, then you just didn't get it. All in all phone interview was about an hour and five minutes for me, however did not receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you close a sale ?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for State Farm?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about State Farm?   Answer Question
    • What is the most significant sales experience you've had and how did that impact you ? Why were you so proud of it ?   Answer Question
    • When do you finally take no for an answer and move on to the next customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Akron, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then I was invited to take an online assessment. Once the assessment was completed, I was emailed for a phone interview. This process was about a month, but I heard it usually doesn't take this long. The phone interview was about 15 minutes 10 questions. The basic customer service questions. Why they should choose you? Difficult customer etc....
    I was told they have 40 phone interviews in the next 4 business days.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very simple but with many questions, the interviewer was very sharp with her questions. She took her time, she helped me to understand but she was using a very straight questions. She was expecting me answer those questions fast without thinking too much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you used your skills?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Very basic interview questions. I was asked tell me about yourself, why I believe I would fit the position, and what I believe my strengths and weaknesses are. My interviewer got back to me within a week and I was offered the job soon after

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Easy customer service questions, asked about my likes and interest, background history etc. The interview included 2 phone interviews, and online assessment and a drug screening. Simple and to the point.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions were asked. It is a sales position, so naturally they want to know that you're able to sell. Show them your enthusiasm and willingness to work. The recruiters are kind.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm (Longwood, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very laid-back, relaxed interview. Spoke to the agent first and then her co-workers. Most questions are interpersonal. Some questions related to your sales experience if applicable. Quick math test near the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Do you have any sales experience?
      Some interpersonal questions   Answer Question