State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017
1,714 Interview Reviews

2.6

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview

Endless. You end up being subject to some mystic psychological test which tells you whether you are in or out. The training is intrusive and you are judged by all until you complete your year of probation. They are the kind of company that will stab you in the back with a huge smile on their face if you are not up to snuff.

Interview Questions

• Interviews and never ending interviews at every phase. If you don't tell them what they want to hear, you will be elbowed out.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm (Appleton, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

The process to become an agent was difficult, and very long! You have to write an entire business plan, get it approved, and project earnings before you ever interview. But becoming an agent was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• Star approach. "Tell me about a time when you needed to convince someone to change their mind. How did you do it, and did it work? Why?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Jenkintown, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was intense. First I was contacted by phone and had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then I was invited to come into the branch and meet the team. So a few day later I went in and I was interviewed for about an hour and asked a lot of questions about why I chose State Farm and if I was familiar with their products and services. Afterwards I was invited to another interview later that week. When I came in, I was asked to give a 5 minute presentation about what I learned about the position and what I learned from the State Farm website. Afterwards I was given a sheet of about 30 names and contact numbers and I did some calling for warm leads so that they could get a feel for how I would be on the phone. That process took about another 30 minutes and at the end, I was asked to provide six references that would all be contacted by the end of the day. Three days later, I got a call offering me a position. I was told I would only be offered a starting salary of $9/hr and after I obtained my first license it would jump to $11.50/hr plus commission , and after I get my third license I would get $15/hr plus commision. I declined the offer because I am currently making more than that and I felt that after how intense the interview process was , I would be offered more than that. I told my interviewer that I needed to be making at least $13/hr before he offered me $9/hr , and when I declined the job letting him know the salary was the issue, he did not offer to raise it.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interveiw was very difficult with 5 people being there. Would always keep asking about things I told them I did not know. Very unfriendly atmosphere. Phone interview was very friendly and helpful.
    The in person one was tough.

Interview Questions

• All questions were tough to answer.   1 Answer

Entry Level Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through campus career fair. They have 2 open positions for college grads: IT Analyst and Network Security Analyst. My qualifications are much stronger for IT Analyst because I have experience with programming and R, however they had me interview for the Network Security position, which I have zero experience with. I think is ridiculous from a company. I was clearly a good fit for that position but they might not understand how to analyze a resume. Anyways, I had a phone interview with HR and an analyst. HR was all behavioral questions and the other was all technical. She asked an insane amount of technical questions as well as have you rate your skills for about 50 different things. Obviously, as someone with not security background I didn't know anything. I think this company is terrible at seeing talent in front of them and determining what role fits your skills.

Interview Questions

• About 50 security skills. Rate from 0-5 how familiar you are with them. I think these were very detailed subjects, even if you have experience in security.   Answer Question

Underwriting Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I'm still in the process, but it started at the beginning of July. There is s 10 step process and I'm at step 5. I've been given my contingent letter. Just have to do my background and drug test.

After Hours Quote and Bind Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Long process when I started. Go in to center for testing, then phone interview if you pass that, then in person interview with four different supervisors. Very intense, lots of challenging questions. I prepared by looking up typical interview questions for corporate interviews and just had some scenarios in my head that I could easily speak to. The in person interview was over an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were treated unfairly by a member of management. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

State Farm Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for State Farm Claims , CCC, and Express after receiving a congratulations E-mail I was authorize to take a test. After passing the test I was given a phone interview that process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• The interviewer Charone was very dry and not engaging into any conversation!! She showed no interest and seem like she hate doing her job. It was the worst interview I have ever had in my ENTIRE LIFE!!   2 Answers

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Lengthily interview process with several tiers. Make sure that you interview the sales leader as much as they interview you. This process is grueling and you may hear a lot of no's but push on.

Interview Questions

• What drives you the most, the yes or the no?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Interview your sales leader-they can make or break the experience.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with several sales leaders and submitted my business proposal. After the business proposal there was an hour remaining for Q and A where they asked questions about my business plan.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to put this business plan into action?   Answer Question