State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,527 Interview Reviews

2.6

Entry Level Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through campus career fair. They have 2 open positions for college grads: IT Analyst and Network Security Analyst. My qualifications are much stronger for IT Analyst because I have experience with programming and R, however they had me interview for the Network Security position, which I have zero experience with. I think is ridiculous from a company. I was clearly a good fit for that position but they might not understand how to analyze a resume. Anyways, I had a phone interview with HR and an analyst. HR was all behavioral questions and the other was all technical. She asked an insane amount of technical questions as well as have you rate your skills for about 50 different things. Obviously, as someone with not security background I didn't know anything. I think this company is terrible at seeing talent in front of them and determining what role fits your skills.

Interview Questions

• About 50 security skills. Rate from 0-5 how familiar you are with them. I think these were very detailed subjects, even if you have experience in security.   Answer Question

Underwriting Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I'm still in the process, but it started at the beginning of July. There is s 10 step process and I'm at step 5. I've been given my contingent letter. Just have to do my background and drug test.

After Hours Quote and Bind Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Long process when I started. Go in to center for testing, then phone interview if you pass that, then in person interview with four different supervisors. Very intense, lots of challenging questions. I prepared by looking up typical interview questions for corporate interviews and just had some scenarios in my head that I could easily speak to. The in person interview was over an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were treated unfairly by a member of management. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

State Farm Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for State Farm Claims , CCC, and Express after receiving a congratulations E-mail I was authorize to take a test. After passing the test I was given a phone interview that process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• The interviewer Charone was very dry and not engaging into any conversation!! She showed no interest and seem like she hate doing her job. It was the worst interview I have ever had in my ENTIRE LIFE!!   2 Answers

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Lengthily interview process with several tiers. Make sure that you interview the sales leader as much as they interview you. This process is grueling and you may hear a lot of no's but push on.

Interview Questions

• What drives you the most, the yes or the no?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Interview your sales leader-they can make or break the experience.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with several sales leaders and submitted my business proposal. After the business proposal there was an hour remaining for Q and A where they asked questions about my business plan.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to put this business plan into action?   Answer Question

Fire Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Unionville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Unionville, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Really tough online assessment. Phone interview with recruiter on speakerphone. Not tough questions just make sure you know your research about State Farm. Connections never help. Know your resume. They will ask you about salary expectations.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (El Paso, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• They want to know if you meet the performance dimensions. They also want to know if you can meet the financial requirements, which usually means you have to have money saved to invest in your first year.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Auto Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

You interview before a panel of 4 to 5 people which includes managers and team leads. They ask you the "tell me about a time when" past performance and skills based questions for anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes. They expect you to ask for the job and tell them if you are still interested in the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you provided excellent customer service to them.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Very intense and long-met with 3 interview panels of 6. Each panel asked a series of very difficult questions which ranged in subject matter and difficulty. The process was very intimidating

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've ever had to do in your life?   Answer Question