State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017
1,618 Interview Reviews

2.6

Claims Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in May 2015.

Interview

Clear, quick and easy. I applied online and took some tests then had a phone interview and got the job. It was a very easy interview that lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation were you had to confront another employee for their actions. How well did you handle it? What could you have done differently in the future?   Answer Question

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Tacoma, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was identified as a competitive candidate within a week of applying and had a phone interview the following week. Questions were simple and no mock phone call. Was advanced to next stage (online test) which was also simple.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you weren't able to resolve a customer's issue.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in April 2015.

Interview

They sit you in the back table, both managers. They ask about past work experience and about communication skills when talking to customers. Overall it was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral questions to get a better idea of what kind of person you are and what your goals are for the future. There were questions about what I did in school and why I wanted to pursue a career at State Farm. The interviewers just wanted to get an idea of what type of employee I would be.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website and was sent a non-disclosure email a few days later. After signing that, i was sent a pre-employment assessment test. (call simulation/typing test) it was pretty easy. I completed that on a Saturday and by Monday received an email saying I had competitive results. They emailed me again to set up a phone interview time and I was contacted at my exact interview time. It probably lasted about 45 minutes total. Pretty easy, STAR format. Just have examples of situations dealing with reliability, accountability, various themes. I got an offer at the end of the call. Confirmed start date and sent info for background and drug test. As soon as everything clears its official.

Interview Questions

• she asked a bunch of star questions, I was getting anxious towards the end... name a time you had to quickly adapt to new process   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very Informal, very informative. The office was way to quite for me. I like more energy. Had nice people but felt very uncomfortable with the whole thing. It was a good fit for me.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple you apply and then get an email with the computer text portion for typing skills and listening skills and then you get a phone interview and a call back with the job offer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process went quickly and I was called back after 4 weeks from the start of me filling out an application. The process was not as hard and I was able to relax from the questions I read about from Glass Door.

Interview Questions

• What to do when I could not meet a deadline?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview involved behavioral questions. STAR QUESTIONS... Tell me about a time.. I prepared for this interview by reading and researching the company information. Before I applied I matched its values with mine. I applied, took assessments, then an interview.

Injury Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied as an internal hire and ended up getting the confirmation for that interview about 3-4 weeks after applying. I met up with the hiring manager and a current injury specialist who asked 4 questions not including the general tell me about yourself question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation? Do you think this was the best way to resolve this issue? What would you have done differently?   Answer Question