State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017
1,564 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions were asked. It is a sales position, so naturally they want to know that you're able to sell. Show them your enthusiasm and willingness to work. The recruiters are kind.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was difficult. A corporate leader was present and was very aggressive towards me. I ended up getting the job but the whole interaction was very uncomfortable. Looking back that should have been a red flag

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

During the phone interview, I was asked why I had so many jobs and why I moved so often. After seemingly overcoming those objections, the interviewer kept coming back to that. A day later, I received my rejection email.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Everything was done via internet and phone. Many people don't get past the online assessment. I recommend that when you're taking that, be in a quiet area so you can focus completely.

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the job on 2/10/17. Recieved the the pre-employment document on 2/24. Completed the assessment on 2/27. They emailed me about scheduling interview on 3/10 and intervied on 3/15.
    The interview was a 35 min phone interveiw that is faily easy.
    Here are some of the questions I remember. They asked so many though I can't remember them all

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Farm in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to the intern leader in emails and she was very short and did not give me full information. She was not very transparent in which I had to ask her for clarification multiple times. She then asks me to call a number without giving it to me.

She tells me to call at a certain time, and when I did she put me on hold for 15 minutes. Very unprofessional. When I do get to talk to her, she mixed up her words, and when I corrected her for clarification on how to answer, she seemed a little angry. When she asked if I could interview next week, I explain to her that I will be out of the state for spring break. She then proceeds to ask me if I'm going to have fun during break in a negative way and she then proceeds to give me a mini lecture on how even though I'm young and want to have fun, that I should cancel my plans to interview for the internship. Keep in mind that I am visiting family and going to a graduation ceremony during my allotted time off of school.

She asked me a couple different questions 2 or 3 times each. Obviously she did not have a formulated list of questions and she was not recording whether or not I answered. She was overall very unprofessional.

I feel as though State Farm should have had a more trained representative interview the interns.

Interview Questions

• How do you view yourself in a work setting?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

1st round was Telephonic - Basic Info + situation based questions + HR + work experience
    2nd round - In person - Basic Info + Behavioural questions + situation based scenario + Technical

Tell me about a situation where you have to learn new technology
    Tell me about a situation where you have stressful situation
    Tell me about a situation and action you will take if your customer is Demanding

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you have to learn new technology
      Tell me about a situation where you have stressful situation
      Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Apply online 2. Complete computer and typing assessment at home. 3. interview: Checked in at the front desk. With a group of applicants, we went to a group session to learn about the job role and responsibilities. We then split up individually with two interviewers in a private session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...
      What do you know about State Farm?
      Tell me about a time your teammates viewed you as a role model.
      Why would you be a good fit for this role?
      Do you have any questions for us?
      Answer Question

Sfpp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Birmingham, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email saying congrats you have moved to the next step. I took the online simulation. Took about 90 minutes. Basic typing skills test, and then more detailed test like you are on the job. Passed test. Received a call to schedule in person interview. Interview went well. The next day I received a call with a contingent job offer based on background check and drug screening. This is day 8 and I'm still waiting to be contacted.

Interview Questions

• Describe situations dealing with difficult customers and how did you handle or resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 2/7/17. Got my assessment email on 2/20 and completed it on 2/21. Got an email about the phone/Skype interview for 3/13 on 3/7. I was initially told it was for the class that started on 3/20, but it was cutting it so close that when it was time to interview, the interviewer told me it would be for the 5/1 class, which was fine with me. However, I felt like the interviewer wasn't into it and it all seemed so sloppy. First of all, she kept telling me this job may have me working nights or weekends and I told her that was fine and that I understand that when I applied. We also discussed how I've worked at a State Farm agent's office before and she kept saying it wasn't the same working in claims, which I also told her I understood and was aware of. She kept emphasizing these things like she was trying to talk me out of the job. She barely discussed the videos I was told to watch and we didn't even do a role play scenario. We also didn't discuss other opportunities with the company. Despite a negative experience, I would apply with State Farm again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received criticism and how did you respond to it? (Something like that)   Answer Question