State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,639 Interview Reviews

2.6

Secretary II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Irving, TX).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview from an HR rep , which was stringent and slightly annoying. He kept asking me be more specific, be more specific. Use the STAR format to prepare your response. He kept trying to zero in on the same question instead of proceeding to a different question. He wasn't a very good coach. But I think he was doing to best he was able. After this grueling experience, I met in person with two supervisors at the office. They asked basic questions but I can't remember exactly what. Most were standard, but they did ask how I would handle difficult people. Maybe I should have taken this as a hint that all day long I would be dealing with difficult/demanding people, INCLUDING the supervisors. Anyway, if you like being put in a cube and trying to meet the needs of demanding sales leaders with someone over your shoulder asking why you haven't gotten everything done or caught up within the 7.75 hours (and you have to take your lunch), and there is no overtime. then this is the job for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with difficult people, etc. etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation for salary. everyone gets the same thing. everyone gets the same raises pretty much, the "PROFIT SHARING " is not extra. it is factored in as your 3-6% raise. so therefore, you don't really get profit sharing. most miserable job & experience of my life.

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dunwoody, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of January. The next day I took an online assessment which tested my typing skills and also simulated a call center situation. Soon thereafter I was selected for a phone interview (01.12.2016) which I was very nervous about but the questions here on Glassdoor really helped. Just make sure you review the questions, know what to answer and sound confident. Make sure to also review the position you are applying for as they might ask you about it and answer questions with detail!! My interview only lasted a total of 12 minutes! I was surprised because everyone else said theirs lasted so much longer. The day after my interview I got a call with a contingent job offer pending on my drug test which I had today (01.18.2016). Also waiting on my Spanish proficiency test which I will be taking this week. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about State Farm?   Answer Question
    • What do you remember about the job description you are applying for / What is the job requirement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with multiple forms of technology simultaneously.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

In person interview. 3 people conducting a stress interview, but not too bad if you were prepared. I already had claim experience so questions were easy for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate person?   1 Answer

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their careers portal. The application process is fairly simple and standard. From there I received an email saying that I was selected to take a pre-employment screening which was a call simulator as well as some questions to see if you can read and follow directions. After I got an email asking which times were best for me to conduct a phone interview. The questions were to find out your work background and then there were some behavioral based questions. I interviewed on a Monday and the received a contingency offer by phone and email on Friday. The whole process took about two weeks. Definitely prepare for your interview, have some ideas in your head of specific situations. Answer in STAR format. Also don't get discouraged this was my second time interviewing with State Farm, my first interview I thought I did really well and received no offer. Just keep applying.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through their website. Received an email a couple days later for a phone interview with recruiter and test analyst. Behavioral based questions and basic technical questions. Interviewed today. They said i'll receive some correspondence within 2 weeks. Hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about yourself? hat do you know about State Farm?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenging situation and how did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you sought help from your professor but he/she wasn't available? what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Technical: Describe agile methodology   Answer Question
    • How would you test a software? what would be your approach and what steps would you follow?   Answer Question
    • What kind of testing did you do in your academics? what tools do you have experience with?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Went through a 3-4 week hiring process for them to tell me in the end that I was not qualified enough to work for them. First off, the recruiter which interviewed me over the phone had no energy whatsoever. An interviewee can only do as well as the interviewer. With her lack of enthusiasm, it seems as if she just wanted to get it done as quickly as possible, having it done so in 15 minutes, when I was told the interview would be around 30-45 minutes. All they want is for you to be a part of their numbers game, when in reality they could just look at your resume and screen candidates off from the beginning. DON'T PLAY THEIR NUMBERS GAME. I wasted time taking tests for them, and the real reason that I'm "unqualified" is because I'm only 20, therefore lack previous customer service experience, yet I have a couple friends working there (one who I have even worked with before), and no offense, if they can do the job, I could do it just as well. How about State Farm actually looks through Resume's and previous job experience first, rather than moving people on through the process just so they have numbers to make it look like the candidates they do select, are of the best quality. Joke of a company that is going downhill anyways, they just lost $1B! Long story short, Don't waste your applying for a job with this company that hires boring recruiters that I could even do a better job, even having little to no experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that lead to your overall mental development   Answer Question

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I knew because of the number of employees they were seeking to employ, the process had to be streamlined. The phone interview was lengthy (STAR format) and the "long time" was due in part to the background checks (credit, employment, criminal).

I interviewed early May and received a final offer the mid part of the month. It's State Farm, so although the opportunity seems entry level, it's an entry into State Farm.

Interview Questions

• Mock phone call, no coaching or tips offered. I gathered the recruiter wanted to assess my professionalism, tone, and basic customer service skills (opening , empathy, etc)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. THe salary, schedule, and responsibilities are already in place, no deviating.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

1st Interview(Phone) - behavioral questions with recruiter (1 hour)
    2nd Interview(On-site) - First part behavioral second part technical with managers and developers (1 hour)
    I received an offer the next day after the interview and the timeline for it was one week.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral:
      Describe a time where you had to compromise
      Describe a situation where you had to learn a new technology   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Very simple process I applied online and a few days later I received an email stating I was selected for a phone interview and that I needed to take a test (super easy) phone interview went great the recruiter was awesome! and easy to talk to. A few days later I received the phone call stating I got the position. Look forward to working with this company!

Ageny Staff Interview

Interview

Standard STAR interview. The STAR method is a structured manner of responding to a behavioral-based interview question by discussing the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are describing. Situation: Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish.

Interview Questions

• Describe time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how I handled it.   Answer Question