State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017
1,564 Interview Reviews

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Thorough and engaging --- Was a panel interview with 3 other representatives. Everyone asked questions in a casual setting and was very friendly. Was not offered the job on the spot, but they told me flat out that I was their top candidate

Interview Questions

• pretty standard--- asked about marketing and gaining leads   Answer Question

Claim Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Frederick, MD).

Interview

I started by applying online, completing an online assessment, and had two different face to face interviews. After a 3 month process, I was finally offered a position as a Claims Processor, now referred to as Express claims associate.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I applied the job on their website in October and received a interview invitation in December. All interview questions are easy and common behavioral questions. And the interviewers are very nice.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Hired at a large hiring pool event. Personal interview followed by group interview. After that was called in a week later to interview with hiring manager. Then a week or so later was called with the offer.

Underwriting Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I got an email with some assessment skills (typing, data input). A few days after completing those, I received another email with an interview time, which I needed to confirm. Upon entering the facility the day of the interview, I was sat down with other interviewees, and we were brought in to a 15-20 minute overview of the job, including responsibilities and benefits. Afterwards, each interviewee was interviewed individually by two hiring managers. Interviewers were very nice, the interview took about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a better fit in the Production Center or Contact Center? Why?   Answer Question

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I went to the State Farm Career Fair. The interview was fairly easy. Basic interview questions, just be sure you are answering the questions with actual experience and not saying maybe I would have done this.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process had common questions regarding past experiences with former employees or employer. how would you handle different scenarios. I also participated in role play of a claims call. Interviewer was customer and I was the agent. fairly easy interview for those that tend to be nervous like myself. I was offered a full time position instead of the part time originally called for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to participated in role play of a claims call. Interviewer was customer and I was the agent   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application in November of 2016 then had a phone interview in January of 2017. The phone interview was an hour long and filled with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What were some challenges you faced during a project? How did you handle a difficult customer?   2 Answers

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in January 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair. Submitted application. A few days later I had to take a assessment. Passed assessment and was scheduled for phone interview. While process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult customer in the past?   Answer Question
    • What job have you had closely related to what you will be doing with statefarm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Statefarm raised the hourly pay recently so it works for me.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took roughly 6 weeks. I was emailed a request to complete 2 tests online and then had phone interview. Then had a group interview with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with another colleague. How did you handle it?   Answer Question