State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,748 Interview Reviews

2.6

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Vero Beach, FL).

Interview

Came in for 1 hour conversation with senior agents/owners of the branch. Causal discussion of college/extracurricular activities and what I was looking for in a summer internship and longer-term career goals.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to do after this internship?   1 Answer

Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chickamauga, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Chickamauga, GA).

Interview

This process took over two months from applying to phone interview to two in person interviews. There was a path to become a State Farm insurance agent, but with no negotiable pay it wasn't worth it.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied through the website and was sent a non-disclosure email a few days later. After signing that, i was sent a pre-employment assessment test. (call simulation/typing test) it was pretty easy. I completed that on a Saturday and by Monday received an email saying I had competitive results. They emailed me again to set up a phone interview time and I was contacted at my exact interview time. It probably lasted about 45 minutes total. Pretty easy, STAR format. Just have examples of situations dealing with reliability, accountability, various themes. I got an offer at the end of the call. Confirmed start date and sent info for background and drug test. As soon as everything clears its official.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Very Casual, not a tough interview. Everything was fairly straight forward. Talked on the phone with agent then set an interview with him for coffee. Once we discussed things we met in the office.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Dunwoody, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied almost 2 and half months ago for the Claims Express IRL, 2 months later i was contacted to by email to fill out a disclosure form. I was advised that my application had been changed to the Claims Express Associate instead of IRL. No biggie as i want to get IN anyway i can. A week later i was contacted for a phone interview. I interviewed with a very nice lady that i established a rapport with... Be very polite. Say 'yes Ma'am and 'sir' even if you are not used to it, practice. Avoid non work related small talk. Talk about you work experience and avoid bad talking your current or previous job. Usually you can get a feel of how the interview went. The lady said i was one of the most competitive candidates she had talked to.
    Even if they speak with a heavy accent please please be very respective and say ma'am and 'Sir' .
    Next i was scheduled for an onsite interview. They take all the candidates to a room. All the managers sit at the back and watch you as you come in. So please make sure you dress very professionally. First impressions are every thing. Pretend to be writing notes and pay attention to the presenter. The managers are watching. Next they take you on a one-one interview with your hiring manager. My interviewer tried to make me comfortable but it almost unavoidable. I was quite nervous. We talked about my previous work experience and did a short role play. He was calling from an accident scene. Be very empathetic. Before you ask for their account information, ask if everyone is ok, if they have contacted the ambulance and in a safe place. Then ask for their account information. Again use 'please' and 'thank you'...Very important.
    After the onsite interview, it took 5 days to hear back that i had been selected for the position contigent on background check. I got the back ground check information and went for my drug test. This is where i have had to learn real patience. 2and half nerve wracking weeks!!!. Iam not a very patient person by nature so i was check my email 3 to 4 times a day. Finally, they news came TODAY!!!!Hired yey!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were held accountable?   1 Answer
    • how did you prepare for the interview?   1 Answer

CCC Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

First they usually post their positions to meet at a hotel where they do a brief interview to see if your personality is a good fit. Then they send you to another room with computers where you can apply online and then you get a phone interview and offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you dealt with a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Overall process takes about 3 weeks to a month long.
    Started with a phone call from the Agent over the Agency and was asked to take a couple assessments. Assessments were a set of general mathematics and word problem-solving questions, as well as being timed.
     Contacted a week after for an initial interview, which was fairly brief, being about 30-45mins. Called for a follow-up interview later that week for a group interview with other agents and to make a decision.
     Need to obtain license before employment starts, but was made an offer and employed once licensed.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous jobs and how I managed to be successful there.   Answer Question
    • How did I manage with prioritizing tasks and things needed to be done   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you could be successful with State Farm and why State Farm   Answer Question
    • List a time where you had to overcome a situation with a customer and the outcome   Answer Question
    • Comfortable making outbound calls and working to become an agent   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied initially online. Phone interview after passing online skills tests. Skills tests included listening to mock calls and rating effectiveness of various responses. Typing speed test also included the skills needed. Have to be very dedicated to customer service and finding solutions

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer/situation that you had to deal with and how you succeeded.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm in August 2017.

Interview

First interview took 1 hour. I was asked standard questions.

Second interview took about hour and 25 minutes. Was asked more of personality question. Talked about position in detail and expectation. Discussed pay and other information.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Elizabethtown, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by phone a few days later to come in for an interview. At the interview I was not asked STAR questions but was told that any job in this office was a sales job and that my main duties were to sell sell sell.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the stress of outbound and inbound sales calls when held accountable to a goal?   Answer Question