State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Thorough and engaging --- Was a panel interview with 3 other representatives. Everyone asked questions in a casual setting and was very friendly. Was not offered the job on the spot, but they told me flat out that I was their top candidate

Interview Questions

• pretty standard--- asked about marketing and gaining leads   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Good interview. Mostly sales and service based questions. Needed to be willing to learn. To do this job, 80 hours of classroom and passing the state exam for licensing is required before you can start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

Very informal, agent was extremely nice and very informative. I engaged in conversation for about twenty minutes with the agent. I was told I need to take a personality test and then we scheduled an interview next week to go over the test results and I was asked to do a presentation on State Farm bank credit cards.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

hired within 10 minutes, was not really an interview, as explained previously, was actually very easy, went in, he asked how long was at previous employer, answered 10 years. wham, bamm, hired

Interview Questions

• when would I be available to work   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone interview appt via email. The phone interview was relatively relaxed. The interviewer was nice and was easy to interact with. Once we had completed the interview, she asked me if I wanted the job, I said yes. She gave me some options for scheduling. I chose one and then I got an offer email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, one week later received email for assessment, did assessment the assessment was easy, some call simulations and you select the best answer to what the customer is saying or requesting,got my results the following monday and scheduled a phone interview, interview was nice ask STAR based questions. received offer on phone interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Help Us Help The Community

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..

Interview Questions

• Help Us Help The Community

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Iowa City, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Go in for first interview talk to agent and top employee, agent then calls you in for second interview to ask you if you accept the job. You then take state licensing tests once you pass you start.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple, relaxed environment. The employees who worked there seemed happy and enjoyed the company they worked for. They were all very encouraging and very much a team atmosphere. I would say they are a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Many questions on the State Farm Operating systems. Its a complicated web of many programs and if you already know the system, you will most likely get hired. I got hired after one interview.

Interview Questions

• How many years sales experience?   1 Answer