State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.4

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Thorough and engaging --- Was a panel interview with 3 other representatives. Everyone asked questions in a casual setting and was very friendly. Was not offered the job on the spot, but they told me flat out that I was their top candidate

Interview Questions

• pretty standard--- asked about marketing and gaining leads   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process. Interview process was fully over the phone. The process took about 3 months in total. Drug test and intense background test. There are 2 phone interviews. On the the second you should know if you received the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Lansing, MI) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and time consuming. The agent wants to be sure you are the right fit for his business and did not want to have an associate that would not fit well with the agency.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you ever had to deal with professionally.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Interview

Filled out online application. Got a call to come in for an in person interview. Had several more interviews. Personality test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Pomona, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long and they asked me some pretty technical question regarding the insurance industry and why I would be a good fit. They ask you about your personality and how you would resolve certain situation given a scenario. I was interviewed by the manager and another sales agent and I guess he's the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an insurance agent?   1 Answer
    • Can to tell me of time you have a problem with a customer and how you resolve it?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview; very basic interviewing questions.
    received job offer at the end of the phone interview and began working within 2 weeks.
    very extensive training to follow including Kaplan helping you study for your p&c licenses

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out online application. Did short assessment and was called about two weeks later. First did short phone interview and then a one on one interview in the office in NYC

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person, what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Good interview. Mostly sales and service based questions. Needed to be willing to learn. To do this job, 80 hours of classroom and passing the state exam for licensing is required before you can start.

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Iowa City, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Go in for first interview talk to agent and top employee, agent then calls you in for second interview to ask you if you accept the job. You then take state licensing tests once you pass you start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

Very informal, agent was extremely nice and very informative. I engaged in conversation for about twenty minutes with the agent. I was told I need to take a personality test and then we scheduled an interview next week to go over the test results and I was asked to do a presentation on State Farm bank credit cards.