State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.4

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I was recruited by my current employer but we still had a series of interviews. I also met the area and district managers and was able to make sure that my future wish to become a sales only, commission based employee would happen. I love working from home and controlling my own hours/income.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Quick interview with agent

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Assessments need to be completed. Usually 2 interviews on the process. One with the agent another with the rest of the staff. Standard questions about your background, experience. Provide examples of how you handle diff situations at work

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

three rounds. first round talking with supervisor about general questions and second round talking with him about career choice, third around with the agent. talking about the compensation. It was not hard at all. nailed...

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process here was fairly easy. Received phone call and scheduled an interview following week. Lasted about an hour and was pretty straightforward. Received an offer shortly after.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The tour is great and people are nice and nice to talk to. They will ask if you need water or need to use restroom in the middle of the interview. Working environment is great with lots of drinks and snacks in the kitchen area where people chill out

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Tucson, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

I switched offices so it was an extremely easy process. Even the first office I was hired at was easy hiring, but that was kind of a sink or swim hiring process. If you're licensed, moral, and determined there shouldn't be a reason you can't get a job at an agent's office and succeed. Good entry level position, but the small office structure means the culture will differ depending on the agent. State Farm as a company though has an awesome culture, I feel it puts the customer first.

The downfall is that it is somewhat selective on who should be customers.

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 year goals?   Answer Question
    • How much would you like to earn, and how hard are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Palm Springs, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Hiring was one on one interview with the State Farm Agent of the local branch. Asked how I reacted to confrontational situations, if I liked to work with a team and sales experience.

Interview Questions

• If there is an individual who came into the office talking on the phone and the phone rang what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I just accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

Interview

applied online received a call for an interview and then once I got the interview he called me and I was offered the job

Interview Questions

• How would I get someone to buy a life insurance policy   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was easy

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

Came in with my resume, had about a 30 minute one on one interview with the agent. Pleasant conversation and very easy process. I felt I already had the job after the first 10 minutes, it was mostly a salary and commission discussion after that.

Interview Questions

• All questions were centered around my resume and clarifying my experience   Answer Question