State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process went well, got on well with the manager and other staff. Job was dependent on my passing my property and casualty test the first time, which I did.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Bel Air, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

One on one meet and greet. Nice enough people. Just like the insurance industry itself... Nothing out of the ordinary. I recommend brushing up on your standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out online application. Did short assessment and was called about two weeks later. First did short phone interview and then a one on one interview in the office in NYC

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person, what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two agents at the same time for a one time brief in-person interview. There was a personality test, but other than that it was a very simple process.

Interview Questions

• "What is your greatest skill?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Many questions on the State Farm Operating systems. Its a complicated web of many programs and if you already know the system, you will most likely get hired. I got hired after one interview.

Interview Questions

• How many years sales experience?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Thorough and engaging --- Was a panel interview with 3 other representatives. Everyone asked questions in a casual setting and was very friendly. Was not offered the job on the spot, but they told me flat out that I was their top candidate

Interview Questions

• pretty standard--- asked about marketing and gaining leads   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Farm (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Good interview. Mostly sales and service based questions. Needed to be willing to learn. To do this job, 80 hours of classroom and passing the state exam for licensing is required before you can start.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple, relaxed environment. The employees who worked there seemed happy and enjoyed the company they worked for. They were all very encouraging and very much a team atmosphere. I would say they are a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Iowa City, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Go in for first interview talk to agent and top employee, agent then calls you in for second interview to ask you if you accept the job. You then take state licensing tests once you pass you start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm (New York, NY).

Interview

Very informal, agent was extremely nice and very informative. I engaged in conversation for about twenty minutes with the agent. I was told I need to take a personality test and then we scheduled an interview next week to go over the test results and I was asked to do a presentation on State Farm bank credit cards.