State Street Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward, but was a little different than other interviews. I met with a total of 4 people within an hour. That part was a little intimidating. Asked questions about skills, previous courses taken, and experience.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself that is not on your resume I wouldn't know?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Consisted of interview with two VPs who asked general questions about the firm and markets. The interviewers both had a good sense of humor and cared for what I had to say. Definitely a pleasant and engaging experience.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewer is nice, asked some technical questions, about derivatives, time series, fixed income products, and behavioral questions like what is your interest, disadvantages, advantages, what is your understanding about our company, last about 1h

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Hadley, MA).

Interview

Very easy interview process, definitely no trick questions. As a student in college it was a good pay, but for a graduate it would be low. The hiring process went quickly, but the job is mundane. Does not seem to be much organization and management did not really know what they were doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was handed a contract that I read and signed, I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

A basic background review of the position, a review of the skills necessary, and a discussion about my skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

This was just a phone interview with HR. The woman who I spoke with was courteous. It was obvious that the hiring for this position was very competitive, and she was honest about that. Seems like a positive place to work with a conservative work environment.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I had 3 rounds.1st round was group discussion.2nd round was aptitude year.3rd round was hr round. In group discussion each of us was said to speak on any topic related to finance. After gd I had apti test...it was neither easy nor difficult..i had different sections of questions based on financial market.atlast of apti test I had email writing and essay writing. But unfortunately I wasnt selected in written.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

There were 4 rounds .. Communication, aptitude, technical and HR .. All rounds are not tough , technical round may Screw you up .. If you can prepare before about basic accounts and finance , it will be very easy

CTC is less .. 14k

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2008.

Interview

I received a called within a few days of applying. The initial called from HR was to ensure the candidate understood the compensation salary at state street. State street is notorious for offering low starting salaries to new college and university graduates. After discussing my salary expectations, we we set an interview for the following week.

The hiring process is in two phases:

1) You initially meet with HR who will ask you a number of cookie cutter questions
    2) You meet with your prospective manager and questions are also not that challenging strengths,weakness etc etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They have an inflexible compensation schedule

Analyste Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Paris (France)) in November 2014.

Interview

Entretien RH, 2 tours d'entretiens avec des opérationnels ; principalement motivation, connaissance de l'entreprise et de l'industrie de banque d'investissement. Egalement des questions sur les différentes activités du groupe et mes attentes vis à vis du poste proposé. Grosso modo, un entretien de difficulté moyenne avec un peu de préparation, il n'y a pas de raison de l'échouer