State Street Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.1

Vice President Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It only takes one minute for my first round phone screening, because she just asked whether I need sponsorship or not. My answer is yes, and then she said we can't hire students who need sponsorship. Another role I interviewed with two months ago also can't sponsor me as well. I just don't get it why they can't just ask me via email, but rather need to schedule a phone appointment and then ask this question? it's a waste of time, and not professional at al..

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

3 interview rounds plus phone screen and HR reciews

Getting past HR means you have skills they are looking for. After that it's all fit.

Final round included 8 interviews over 6 hours. They did not once offer me a refreshment or restroom break. Final interview with an SVP didn't happen cuz he got busy.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people at State Street - the manager I would be reporting to as well as the women whose place I would be taking. Interview took place in an open cafeteria which was not ideal. Both interviewers were on time, as some companies tend to leave you waiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your applicable experience. Questions pertaining to branding.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Pretty straight forward (met with two people, on two separate occasions). I knew the company from previously working at the organization, but any similiar experience would comply. Overall, I think the process moves slow, but if you're diligent and follow-up, it may help move things along quicker than they might otherwise move along.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick around thirty minutes via phone with two assistant vice Presidents. Basic review of the resume and questions on how to handle stress, how to organise your day, how to get buy in from others to complete a project. Simple questions and fast turnaround response from human resources

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially had HR person contact me, then had manager give a pop quiz, finally had group interview. The questions were not that difficult. Seems like manager did not understand what they wanted from the position to complete the task. Very long gaps between interview bc manager was taking vacations.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to use a system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate salary. One should have few options bc pay is low at State Street.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very quick. I had one phone interview with the recruiter, and I had to go in once to interview with about 7 people. Questions were easy, mostly about my prior job experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in April 2008.

Interview

There were four interviews and I was expecting quite a length hiring process. But fortunately, it was a breeze. I was able to answer most of the questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult came from technology questions. Unexpected question belong to some of the extra curricular activities.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very professional, personal and quick. First round double interview HR then Hiring Manger, Second round TP with Boston. Third round was a 25min formality and a chance for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Quite proforma based mix of CV based discussion, competency based Q's and some technical Q's. Standard HR competency Q's and test of my preparedness i.e. knowledge of business, history etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great offer, that they would not negotiate further.