State Street Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Applied online and then got a call back to participate at a State Street career fair. At the fair, I was assigned to do fairly quick interviews with 3 different team leaders. After the fair, I got an offer letter within 1 week. I was pleased with how fast they responded.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Why do you want to work for State Street? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe an accomplishment you were proud of. Etc. etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Hired via a recruiter. Came into the office for an interview with an AVP. Asked fairly simple questions about my previous jobs and internships. Asked about how I look to fit into a team etc. It was a comfortable experience, the interview took no more than 30 minutes. Understand why you did specific roles in your last jobs and how they help your superiors, they will drill you on this.

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Clifton, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

there was a phone interview and then an in person interview, met with 2 individuals from 3 teams. The Questions asked were mainly behavioral, nothing too specific to the role.

Interview Questions

• GPA, Prior work experience, why are you interested in the role   Answer Question

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street in November 2015.

Interview

They were nice and easy to talk too. I had two people in the interview, an employee and an HR associate. They mostly ask behavioral questions and reading off the sheets while writing down your answer.

Interview Questions

• is there a time where your group didn't work well together?   Answer Question

Accepted another offer already.

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

HR did a phone a screen. They asked general work history questions, what do you know about the company, why do you want to work there, etc.
    They set up an in-person interview the next week. Interviewed with two people. They read questions from a form. It was relaxed. Received an offer that week.

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Very simple just smile and get them to like you they hire any and everyone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation set salary for everyone I think everyone starts at $32,000

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview to help screen candidates, was invited for a 2 on 1 interview at State Street, all behavioral questions no technical questions, interview lasted for about an hour, heard back 3 weeks before with the offer and had only a day and a half to decide

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied through company website. Interview scheduled within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very relaxed. No difficult or unexpected questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation

entry level, no negotiation - received offer a couple days after interview

Associate I Interview

Interview

I was hired on the spot, papers signed same day. Very relaxed, two interviewers is common.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simply a temp offer

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street in September 2013.

Interview

Phone recruiter calls to screen you, your info gets sent to the manager who is hiring for the position, who decides if they want to interview you or not. Manager will come meet you in the lobby and bring you upstairs to a room, usually you will sit down with two dfferent managers in 30 minute intervals. Very basic, broad behavioral questions (Describe a time when you overcame a hardship, Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision etc.) Sometimes the managers that you interview with are not on the team that you are applying for, so make sure that you understand exactly what job it is that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was take it or leave it from the company, either I took their figure or they revoke the offer.