State Street Associate II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Associate II Interview Questions

2.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

This interview was behavioral and over the phone. I was interviewed by two people at separate times. They asked some general questions, but most required you explaining a time that you did something, like a time you used data to find patterns and come to a conclusion about something.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview, then interviewed with 2 VPs. It was a pretty standard process in my opinion. Basic questions, nothing challenging. Only gave you 48 hours to accept or decline, which was probably the worst part.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in building financial models? Do you work well in teams?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews on different days. Interviewed by 2 people, my manager and a colleague. It was simple questions about my relation to the position. Very comfortable setting. No abstract question did you need to prepare for. A lot of straight forward questions.

Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Only on campus interviews, was given the job a few days later. They interviewed about 10 students for the position. All behavioral questions so very easy to prepare for. There were two HR reps who interviewed me so I was not able to talk with someone who would be working in my area.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time you were told that you had effective communication   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Future Focus program - I was invited to an informational evening and a networking event, and then came in for a formal interview with two hiring managers. The hiring managers aren't necessarily the ones that you'll be working for - I met two managers but I work for a different manager now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on where the team members didn't all perform on their tasks. What did you do?

Tell me about an accomplishment that you are proud of and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - the Future Focus program has a set salary and benefits

Associate II Interview

Interview

Applied through online application. Was contacted 5 days later for info sessions and informal networking. Interview on site a week later. All behavior questions. 45 minutes long with an AVP and a VP. Very friendly and relaxed environment. Most questions revolved around working in group setting and how I resolve conflict. Open ended. Went over resume for a brief amount of the time. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with data. Tell me about a time you were commended on your communication. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Hiring manager was very cocky, it definitely pleasures him to have that power over you, like he has never been on the other side. When receiving a thank you note, he always reads it, but just to find any mistake that would be a sufficient reason not to hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

My original interview, when I first started at State Street, was based on a behavioral type interview. The questions were all focused on responding to different situations. The interview was not challenging at all. Try to be specific (if you are desperate enough to want the job). For my promotion, the same questions occurred - how did you react in this situation, how have you improved upon a situation, why are you the best candidate, etc.

Negotiation

Negotiations aren't available within SS.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 different groups. Then they would discuss among each others on which group to place me on. They took very long to get back to me though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiation on emails because I knew that it would be hard for me to negotiate on the phone (personal view). They raised it from 40K to 42K