State Street Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

questiona nd answer to get the right candidate for the role was very diffuclt. they had to ask a lot of uncomfortable questions which was tough. the interview was conducted in a efficient manner whi i appreicated

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, second round and a final round with a presentation and a series of interviews. Interviewers were really nice and mainly stuck with behavioral questions. HR at State Street, however, was the worst I have ever experienced.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus for a mock interview, she was great & very conversational. She told me I would be a great fit for the Kansas City office's new Accelerated Associates program. I was really excited about the opportunity because I heard it's a place that hires everyone. The next week I went in for an onsite interview- tower I was undergoing construction and II was just a huge cube farm. Met with two managers who I could tell didn't get along, and were not in any way involved with my program. Did not offer any information about the position, salary/benefits, etc. Read interview questions off of paper and transcribed every word I spoke. Unlike the HR rep they made me feel very awkward and uncomfortable. All behavioral questions, looking for very specific answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tells us about a time you had to think outside of the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with someone difficult and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Berwyn, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. Basically went through your resume and experience and how you will be an asset to the team/organization.. I was interviewed by three persons back to back.

Associate Interview

Interview

Interviews with three associates/managers

Interview Questions

The opportunities of the role and the WMS department seemed limited and redundant. Employees didn't seem happy.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Typical, not difficult. Had one odd question that I mentioned below. Heard back quickly. Dressed in a suit. Interviewed by two people. Only one interview, no second. Not a bad part of the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any fish what would it be.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with two Vice President's for an associate role. I was offered and accepted an Officer level position. I studied finance, accounting and systems through my compulsory education. I have a thorough knowledge of systems, finance, mutual funds and stocks and bonds. I was more concerned that I wanted to work for this company. As it turns out, I did not want to at all. However, I did stay for four years and did not seek any opportunities other than what I was hired for on purpose. It was not a place I would ever look back at , or forward to being EVER again.

Interview Questions

• I turned my interview into a technical interview as I was curious to test the knowledge of those interviewing me. Topics surrounded accounting and systems.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer I was given; I chose to not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

got an interview through career services at my college. was interviewed by an random employee that was reading off of a general interview print out. i could tell she doesn't typically conduct interviews. interviewer was friendly

Negotiation

i might have been able to negotiate but i was unaware. coming straight out of college i thought the salary was fair

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview with upper management for 1 day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, just take what they were offering and that's it

Application

Interview

Quick interview fast offer