State Street Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.5

Project Support Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Quick in person interview at the company's middle/back-end office in Copley Place. Spent most of time sharing my experiences and learning about the position that I was applying for. Nothing too complex.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and even pleasant. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and spoke with a calm even tone. We sat and spoke to one another as equals.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it to reach a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Expected to be 30 minutes. Declined after 2 minutes due to visa sponsorship (even though it is not required for the Summer Internship position. Ignored the potential of the candidate and over and ended abruptly

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was 1 hour, the basic questions with a few like "what type of animal/fruit are you"? Questions about the company and the job description. Overall good interview process.

Vice President Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It only takes one minute for my first round phone screening, because she just asked whether I need sponsorship or not. My answer is yes, and then she said we can't hire students who need sponsorship. Another role I interviewed with two months ago also can't sponsor me as well. I just don't get it why they can't just ask me via email, but rather need to schedule a phone appointment and then ask this question? it's a waste of time, and not professional at al..

Future Focus Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then had 15 minute phone interview with their lead college recruiter where they mostly asked screening questions like "Are you amenable to X salary, do you require visa sponsorship, etc, then a 45 minute in person behavioral interview with two hiring managers at their South Boston Office

Future Leader's Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, had a 15 minute phone interview with the college recruiter. A week or so later I interviewed at State Street with two VP's. Got an offer 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult group member.   Answer Question

2017 Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very easy. They had about 15-20 standard questions that they needed to get through but after that you are encouraged to have an actual conversation. Be prepared to ask a lot of your own questions and you should definitely know about the program and positions

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you failed an assignment? What would you do if a group member is not willing to compromise? What do you think is your most important quality?   Answer Question

Future Focus Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 VPs. Asked to discuss resume, experience, and skills. How well do you work in a team and best if can provide examples. The company is international how do you think you can expand its global diversity? What are a few accomplishments? What was a difficult task you faced?

Random Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people in a conference style room.
    They were very friendly and they asked about me and my story, education, and why I want to work for them. Since this interview was not for a direct position I was not given any specific questions that were directed to the job.
    I believe the questions they asked were more directed at what interests you, what are you good at, and where will you fit best...