State Street Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.5

300 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President, Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen after I wrote to a Leadership team member. The HR person took all my details and told me she will come back with suitable positions. I was contacted for a phone screen after a 2 week waiting period. The phone screen went well and the HR Manager took all my details - visa status, experience in leadership, organizations I worked for, experience in MBA and salary expectations.
    After 2 weeks, I was scheduled to meet with one of the MDs. This interview was in person in the Boston office. It was a great experience and the interviewer was engaging and shared a lot of details around the role and the organization. He told me that I would be contacted for a next round.
    The next interview was with a VP and this too was a face to face interview in the Boston office. She was very nice and explained how she will conduct the interview (and stuck to the plan). After the initial questions, it became a really good discussion where she shared real issues she is facing and asked my opinions on those.
    She ended it on a very positive note " As far as we are concerned (her and the MD) you are in, but we would have to send you to 1 more senior stakeholder for a quick catch-up just to get their blessings. We will call you for the next round within a week"
    Now comes the worst part - I got a rejection message in 3 days time. It was confusing because I thought the interviews were going well and I did invest a lot of time but its okay such things happen.
    The interviewers were all great, thorough and committed to the process. They were all attentive to what I had to say and open for questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. How does your day to day look like?
      2. What tools do you use for project management
      3. How do you manage different stakeholders during a change implementation
      4. How would you make sure escalations happen using the correct process
      5. How did you develop a vendor network? What were the KPIs
      6. How can innovation be a regular feature in teams
      7. Experience in MBA and organizations, etc   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two weeks after applying online, they contacted me for a telephone screening. The call was brief (under ten minutes) and she did not give me any specifics about the job nor did she ask about my design skills. The only big question (as with just about every telephone screening these days) was what are my salary requirements. The call ended with her saying she would forward my application to the hiring manager. I told her to be sure s/he views my LinkedIn profile as one of my colleagues is a vice president at State Street, and she wrote a very nice recommendation for me. I also told her to be certain s/he has the login credentials to view my portfolio on my website (which I password-protect), as reviewing a designer’s portfolio is crucial when evaluating a designer’s candidacy.

Less than 30 business hours later, I received her rejection email. In the span of time between the phone call and the rejection email, neither my LinkedIn profile nor my website had a single visitor, which just made me laugh out loud.

I emailed her via the intermediary who coordinated our call, asking what was the criteria she used to disqualify me, as it appears that nothing significant from my background was evaluated. Of course, I received no reply from her.

I have concluded that this job (like the majority of jobs advertised these days) was not a valid vacancy, i.e., it was already filled and they used me as a means to complete their EEO compliance checklist. Logic would dictate that if I was so massively unqualified for this position, then they should never have wasted my time with the phone screening in the first place. (As of today, more than a month later, the job remains advertised. Pathetic.)

Project Support Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Quick in person interview at the company's middle/back-end office in Copley Place. Spent most of time sharing my experiences and learning about the position that I was applying for. Nothing too complex.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and even pleasant. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and spoke with a calm even tone. We sat and spoke to one another as equals.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it to reach a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Expected to be 30 minutes. Declined after 2 minutes due to visa sponsorship (even though it is not required for the Summer Internship position. Ignored the potential of the candidate and over and ended abruptly

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was 1 hour, the basic questions with a few like "what type of animal/fruit are you"? Questions about the company and the job description. Overall good interview process.

Vice President Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It only takes one minute for my first round phone screening, because she just asked whether I need sponsorship or not. My answer is yes, and then she said we can't hire students who need sponsorship. Another role I interviewed with two months ago also can't sponsor me as well. I just don't get it why they can't just ask me via email, but rather need to schedule a phone appointment and then ask this question? it's a waste of time, and not professional at al..

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Phone interview was followed by an in person interview at the Quincy office. Only behavioral questions about my resume and experience in school. Heard back from the University Relations team a few hours after my interview and accepted the offer.

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick . Easy questions and great people, very friendly for a corporate environment. Very large beautiful office area and they welcome you as soon as you walk in. They most liely will have several people interview you, I had about 4 people on my first interview and 2 on my other

Future Focus Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then had 15 minute phone interview with their lead college recruiter where they mostly asked screening questions like "Are you amenable to X salary, do you require visa sponsorship, etc, then a 45 minute in person behavioral interview with two hiring managers at their South Boston Office