State Street Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.5

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was 1 hour, the basic questions with a few like "what type of animal/fruit are you"? Questions about the company and the job description. Overall good interview process.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Phone interview was followed by an in person interview at the Quincy office. Only behavioral questions about my resume and experience in school. Heard back from the University Relations team a few hours after my interview and accepted the offer.

Future Focus Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then had 15 minute phone interview with their lead college recruiter where they mostly asked screening questions like "Are you amenable to X salary, do you require visa sponsorship, etc, then a 45 minute in person behavioral interview with two hiring managers at their South Boston Office

Future Leader's Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, had a 15 minute phone interview with the college recruiter. A week or so later I interviewed at State Street with two VP's. Got an offer 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult group member.   Answer Question

2017 Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very easy. They had about 15-20 standard questions that they needed to get through but after that you are encouraged to have an actual conversation. Be prepared to ask a lot of your own questions and you should definitely know about the program and positions

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you failed an assignment? What would you do if a group member is not willing to compromise? What do you think is your most important quality?   Answer Question

Future Focus Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 VPs. Asked to discuss resume, experience, and skills. How well do you work in a team and best if can provide examples. The company is international how do you think you can expand its global diversity? What are a few accomplishments? What was a difficult task you faced?

CSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online through career site. Recieved phone interview one week after, scheduled in person interview with HR two days later.

Meet with one HR, then two senior managers, then VP and assistant. All easy expected questions. Back to back interviews 3 hours.

Go there early to check in with reception

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself
      Plans in 3 years
      Any professional designations
      What do you know about state street?
      Why did you choose state street?
      Majorly behavioural questions:
      How did you improve a process
      What would/did you do if.. coworker
      Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. The interview only lasted five minutes as I was discarded for needing visa sponsorship, even though the company states that they are an equal opportunity employer.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially scheduled to meet with two individuals for 30 minutes each but was rescheduled to a different day with only one person for an hour. In total the interview actually lasted about 15 minutes. I suspect they had already chosen a candidate by this point.

Derivatives Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was kind of slow and if you are offered a position there isn't much room for negotiating the salary. brief and interview checklist oriented. It was not very difficult to speak about your experiences and why you are qualified for the position. I would recommend mentioning your strengths but not your weaknesses (trap question)