State Street Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview went quickly, HR was very helpful. I applied online and received a phone call to schedule an interview within a week. The interview went smoothly and you do not need to have a lot of experience in order to be hired, so be yourself and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your personality and what attributes you would look for, along with some anecdotal examples.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview was clear, quick, and provided ample time for answers. Met with who would eventually become one of my first line leaders. They were respectful of my past employment in the military where most of the questions were geared towards and not so much about my college courses and grades. Gave me good feedback and everyone was friendly both when I entered the interview (those on the floor, the interviewer, and the panel of interviewers at the second interview) and when I left and let me know the timeline for the process going forward.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you were faced with adversity and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street in August 2011.

Interview

HR rep. Made it difficult just to schedule interview. Had manager & supervisor in interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made it seem like they were open to it, but they weren't so now I get paid pennies because I was so desperate to leave old job

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I've been contaced by a recruiter and had a quick phone call, about a month after received another call for a face to face interview. questions about previous experiences and college and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is NAV?
      What is a fund?
      What's equity?
      What is Bound and what types are there?
      What are derivadives?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

first is a phone interview first for around 20 mins with the recruiter which asks basic behavioural questions and why you want the job. followed by a in person interview with manager and a VP which is about an hour and asks behavioural questions and some basic questions about financial instruments, so make sure you prep for that.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online took me about 2 weeks to get a phone call to scheduled a interview. HR interview for about 20mins for behavioural questions and then two team managers interview for about a hour. Most of the questions are behavioural questions. What is your strength and weakness. Why you applied this job etc.

Interview Questions

• Why states street?
      What do you see in manager ?
      Tell me about excel   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy, the traditional behaviour questions and there were no questions that I was not prepared for. The interview was first with the HR person and then you were directed to two senior managers who end up being your direct reports. I had the interview with two people who ended up being my direct reports. I asked for a salary bump and they did budge a little.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?
      What is amortization?
      What is the difference between an equity and a bond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First is an in person interview with HR. Typically behavioral cookie cutter questions. Hiring manager interview (and another supervisor) was right after and asked also very typical behavioral questions. nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you thought outside of the box?
      Give me a time you improved a process?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

They made me feel very comfortable because the interview was informal and felt more like a conversation. I was interviewed by 3 people which seemed intimidating at first but they were all very friendly and the majority of questions asked were behavioral questions. Got complimented on my outfit as well, dress to impress