State Street Derivatives Ops Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Derivatives Ops Specialist Interview Questions

Derivatives Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I interviewed at the downtown sacramento location, the environment has that corner office feel. I had two interviews same day, they start with a presentation followed by an interview with a first line manager and then an associate.

Interview Questions

Got an offer the following Monday after interviewing on Friday. Starting salary non-negotiable at around 38k/yr, parking cost $150/mo in the building, health premium cost $130/mo if you're single and goes up from there. So if you do the math you're making peanuts for what seems to be a repetitive job with lots of politics. (All this would be acceptable if this is your first job out of college, and you're trying to get your foot in the door, but I was 23 at the time and I worked for the state for 3 years at that point, was not looking for a pay cut to go along with health premium hike and monthly parking hike). Got another offer from a telecom company at the same time period, now not even two years later i'm making 60k+/yr, health premiums are $30/mo, (it would be free if i went with kaiser, but I like UCD) I work out in the field (no office politics to deal with nor monthly parking cost), so overall I believe I made the right decision.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Derivatives Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

I came on through a temp service

Negotiation

no negotiation