State Street Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

They gave a phone interview which lasted roughly 20 minutes. This was scheduled in advance- roughly one week before the interview. A time slot is selected from a list that is e-mailed. They gave a mixture of typical service interview questions along with questions of technical capabilities and understanding of the fundamentals of finance.

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken in your major? What is your current overall GPA? What is your major GPA? Name a time you were innovative.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager and VP. They basically talked about the roles and the company through the whole interview process. They didn't ask much questions. The interview process was easy.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

employee referral then phone interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

what situation u showed leadership, provide examples

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

1st round with HR,2nd round with direct hiring manager,3rd round with two department managers

Overall experience is fine, no technical question, managers are open to share, more suitable for graduate, not much prior experience required

Took about 1 month to go through the whole process, but HR are easy to access

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was told that I am the last one to submit my resume, and so I was invited as the first one to join the interview.

I have a great talk with the department manager. However, 3 days later, I get a call saying that I am over qualified for the job. And they already have hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? You have much more experience than we required.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager for an onsite interview. I went with the 2 managers asking basic bahavioral question such as your strengths, weaknesses, etc. Then 2nd round of interivew, I met with same 2 managers asking a lot of accounting questions . Final round of interview is meeting with the VP.

Interview Questions

• What are the components that make up the a complete financial statement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes but I was only able to get a little bit more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with two people for this position. It was pretty in tense and I thought I had the job. I was passed up for someone with more experience. The culture seemed very friend and the company was in a growth and hire phase.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Kraków (Poland)) in July 2017.

Interview

There is a 3 part interviewing process. The first two are very rudimentary involving very simple question about the company and about your background. There a few questions regarding the application and the typical "why us" questions. The third interview is the most difficult as it involved a lot of technical questions about financial markets and financial products. It very in depth as well are asked about I/S, B/S, Statement of Cash Flow etc. What etfs are what options are and how you can use these products to leverage a portfolio. An overview it was a pretty typical interview, the technical part was a bit surprising considering this was a entry level graduate position but nonetheless nothing too ridiculous.

The biggest problem I had with the entire interview process was the organization, or lack there of. I applied for an international position from the US. The first 2 call are from one of the sites in India so the time difference was killer. I was getting calls 3am or 4am. I would e-mail them back to set up a more concrete time to call and I specified that the time is under the CET time zone. Yet I would receive call 30 or 40 min. earlier or later then was agreed upon. Lastly, after the final interview I was told that I would receive a decision within the next 2 weeks (regardless whether it be a yes or a no) however 5 weeks out I have yet to hear anything.

Interview Questions

• What is a derivative, can you name examples of derivatives, how can they be used to leverage a portfolio?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street in July 2017.

Interview

A 15 min call with an unconfortable indian recruiter and her terrible english pronunciation, and in a noisy environment. Was really difficult understand her questions and she seemed very impatient, she looked more like a centralinist than a recruiter.