State Street Fund Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.5

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview uses a preset group of questions. Interviewer schoose on the spot. Phone interview followed by interview with 2 managers in person. Expect alot of behavioral questions. You probably don't need to wear a suit, the companies dress policy is business casual. Try to seem excited about the accounting and finance, smile a lot, make sure you seem pleasant, and you won't have ny problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a group project.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you have to meet multiple deadlines. Where you able to get it all done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They won't move on the salary and they gave less vacation than promised in the interview, so don't trust what you hear.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied to the position online, and got a call back a few days later. Went in for an interview the following day. I have to say I wasn't very prepared for the interview, it would have helped to know a little more about the company and the position, but beyond that the interview questions were not too difficult or prying--overall pretty standard interview. I heard they were interviewing over 20 people for one spot, and received an email two days later saying the position had been filled. Ho hum, the position is awful anyway.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

A friend of mine referred me and soon after applying I had a phone interview. It was very basic, they were just trying to see if you were a normal person. Questions like, what do you know about mutual funds, accounting, etc. They called me back within a couple days, and I went in and met with a manager. The interview lasted abour 40 minutes and consisted of standard questions such as strengths, how would you handle a situation in which a client or customer was angry, what kind of accounting classes I took. It was a little bit of traditional and behavioral mixed together. It was a very pleasant interview, no really difficult questions. It flowed well, and I left with a good feeling. They called me back within the week and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was for an entry level position and I had not interned at State Street, so I had nothing really to bargain with. If you interned there previously, you should try and get them to offer a few thousand more.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2009.

Interview

After applying for the job through State Street's employee referal program I received a phone interview within about a week. A couple weeks later I set up another interview. There were two account managers conducting the interview asking general behavior questions. A couple days later I was offered the position contingent on a successful background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a business decision that went against your manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate a higher salary given the tough economic situation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work in a group and didnt get along with the group members.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2009.

Interview

From the initial submittal of the application, through to the actual offer was in my hand it was about 7 weeks. It took two weeks for them to get back to me. Three weeks for two phone interviews, one day of on-site interviewing, and two weeks for the background check. Generally speaking, they are not in a rush. There are two phone interviews in which they screen and if they like you, decide which position best suits you. The questions for this deal more with past experience and proficiencies, but has the standard questions built in. You will probably go for one 1-on-1 interview and two interviews with two sets of managers if you make it to the on-site interview. The chances of getting on without a current employee referral are low however, since they have data showing referred employees do better and stay longer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the worst way you could mess up the company from your position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. They present you with an offer, and you either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Initially there was a presentation given at our university by an HR person who individually interviewed the canddiates one on one to determine fit with the company. Second round interviews were more detailed but the questions were primarily behavioral. The Boston office was very clean even though the interviews rooms seemed a bit cramped and the people interviewing were very nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Can you just call a person up?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Fine

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2008.

Interview

Just got a phone call from a recruiter looking to hire recent college grads. She asked me a few questions about my background, college, etc. Led to an interview with a director that was very informal. He was a laid back guy, just basically wanted to get a sense of my personalit and know that I was a competent individual. I believe they made an offer within the next day or two.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Starting Salary was 33k.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in September 2008.

Interview

The interview was quite easy. They didn't ask too many questions and what they've asked were not job related.