State Street Fund Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Fund Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the vacancy and have been contacted 3 weeks later to attend the interview. The interview lasted for about an hour, multiple questions including behavioral and professional. There no response about the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between several accounting systems in different countries.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

They just want people to work for low pay, They will ask questions about where you are from and how you work but to be honest they don't really care. They just want bodies to fill positions

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after applying online and got asked some basic questions verifying the info I put online. Took a while after that to get an interview (2 months). I was offered interviews for several different positions and set up an appointment for an interview the following week. The interview itself was very straight forward and entirely behavioral/ experience questions in a two on one setting. The questions were draw from a generic sheet but managers had discretion as to which questions to ask. After the interview it took two weeks to hear back with an offer. As a side note there is some disorganization between recruiters. I on multiple occasions was contacted by other State Street recruiters who were not aware of the fact I was already in contact. That being said my primary recruiter was always quick to respond to emails and calls (when i had questions).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a process more efficient.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation except for start date.

Fund Administrator Interview

Interview

Submitted through State Street website, got phone interview 2 weeks later and then on-site a week later. HR called about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation!

Fund Administrator Interview

Interview

Easy met with to be AVP and another from a different team, standard questions asking about past experience

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ireland, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Ireland, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview: competency based, asked about my previous experience my education and about state street. Face to face: similar however I was presented with a test me before the interview which kind of unsettled me a bit( I was not expecting this as HR person said it was just going to be a verbal competency based etc.. interview) this was probably the most difficult part of the interview, gave me 10-15 mins to answer questions which consisted of economics and accounting calculations.
    Overall long process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

1 round - met with two hiring managers. each lasted about 10 minutes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

first salary accepted

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I went to several interviews, most were casual, they seemed more concerned about demeanor and work ethic than the relevant knowledge base. One interview was in the JHTower, in the cafeteria and that was rather casual. The next interview was in their main building where I met with the HR recruiter. She seemed tired and cold, went through the list of mandatory questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They didn't move much, and weren't particularly interested in negotiating ... annoyingly firm

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process is situational based interviewing. So, they ask questions like- tell me about a situation in which your supervisor told you there was a problem with your work, and what did you do about it. Also within my department the interviews are all scheduled for an hour so attempt to reach that threshold to have a good interview. Also, there will be two people interviewing your and they will typically tag team and alternate asking questions. Lastly the two people will likely be of different levels with one typically being a manager and the second person being an officer or above within the department, not specifically within the reporting structure of the position being hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a coworker that was difficult to get along with. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate very much, but there is typically room for negotiation based on skill and experience level. Also, I was able to secure a signing bonus to counter an offer that I had from my previous employer to continue to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied internally. Two person interview. It was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None