State Street Global Advisors Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA).

Interview

Process was straight forward and the interviewers were engaging. One thing I liked that no one else does was to notify me whether or whether not I would get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two interviews discussing finance theory and thoughts on developing models. Some brief coding questions. The interviews were quite conversational and very pleasant. I enjoyed the process overall, and they were very timely in getting back to me on next steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied to the internship program online. A week later I was called by someone in HR who asked me to come in for an interview. He was extremely helpful in helping me schedule my interview as I was coming from 6 hours away. He called me back to say that two other teams also wanted to bring me in for interviews so he made sure that I could do them all on one day for scheduling sake. The interviews were very casual. They told me about the positions and then they just wanted to get to know me. It was not stressful like other interview I had been a part of. I was offered all three of the internships I interviewed for and I was able to choose which one I wanted.

Conflicts of Interest Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

Met initially with hiring manager, then with two of his direct reports who would have been my peers in the role. The interview with the hiring manager was fairly standard with the exception that he was fairly impatient with answers that were more than two word answers. The meetings/interviews with the hiring manager's direct reports were more interactive and a discussion as opposed to responding to questions.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this role?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

You interview with 3 to 4 people in the org. It was about 1 hours to two hours long. The people were nice and not overbearing with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Your technical skills backgrounds and applications you used,   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people. Not one person addressed me by name or took any interest in me. SSGA does not give any information regarding the process following the interview, they just drop you. Attempts to get information following the interview are ignored by their recruitment. This was a very bad experience for me and poor timing.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me questions, just sized me up.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had the phone interview with the associate and an office interview with managers. The interviews were mostly behavioral and some technical questions from the managers. Overall, they wanted to see if I was a good fit for the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was an internal move- still took two months to move within the company. started my replacement the same day I was supposed to move into my new role.. further extending my stay in the previous roleto train new hire HR department is sub- par

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was short and simple. a phone interview. The man was a recruiter and he was very nice. He was also a previous intern so he knew how I was feeling, The interview was not very stressful but instead more interactive and it helped me retain a nice feel for the company I was going to be working for in the summer

Interview Questions

• GPA? How long you have been working? work experience? how you can grow as an employee   Answer Question

Global Advisers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

20-30 minute phone call. Behavior questions revolving around my resume as well as past experiences with groups. Professional but not demeaning. I applied through the online portal but also handed my resume in at my college career fair.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from the rest?
      Tell me about your latest financial internship.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.