State Street Global Advisors Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.7

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Portfolio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Internal Referred, relatively a quick hiring process, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff. How hiring is handled depends on the employer and the systems they have in place for screening and evaluating potential new hires.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?
      Why should we hire you?
      Why do you want this job?
      What are your goals for the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December and I received an email in February saying I had not been selected for an interview at this time. Then I got a phone interview in April. I heard back 2 weeks later.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA).

Interview

Process was straight forward and the interviewers were engaging. One thing I liked that no one else does was to notify me whether or whether not I would get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two interviews discussing finance theory and thoughts on developing models. Some brief coding questions. The interviews were quite conversational and very pleasant. I enjoyed the process overall, and they were very timely in getting back to me on next steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied to the internship program online. A week later I was called by someone in HR who asked me to come in for an interview. He was extremely helpful in helping me schedule my interview as I was coming from 6 hours away. He called me back to say that two other teams also wanted to bring me in for interviews so he made sure that I could do them all on one day for scheduling sake. The interviews were very casual. They told me about the positions and then they just wanted to get to know me. It was not stressful like other interview I had been a part of. I was offered all three of the internships I interviewed for and I was able to choose which one I wanted.

Conflicts of Interest Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Met initially with hiring manager, then with two of his direct reports who would have been my peers in the role. The interview with the hiring manager was fairly standard with the exception that he was fairly impatient with answers that were more than two word answers. The meetings/interviews with the hiring manager's direct reports were more interactive and a discussion as opposed to responding to questions.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this role?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from an HR rep saying that three different teams wanted to interview me. He set them up back to back for me. The interviews were fairly easy and were more just a time for me to understand the job and for them to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked with a group and what role did you take.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

You interview with 3 to 4 people in the org. It was about 1 hours to two hours long. The people were nice and not overbearing with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Your technical skills backgrounds and applications you used,   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round interview. General questions. Very informal chat. The managers ran through the role of the job, what is required. Nice Managers who knew a lot of information. They then said that I'd hear back from them within a week.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people. Not one person addressed me by name or took any interest in me. SSGA does not give any information regarding the process following the interview, they just drop you. Attempts to get information following the interview are ignored by their recruitment. This was a very bad experience for me and poor timing.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me questions, just sized me up.   1 Answer